7.Campus Game(Part 1)

"A campus-wide game?"

"A secret prize? What could it be?"

"This looks like something~"

......

It was early in the morning. The front gate of the school was crowded with people surrounding a billboard, as discussions drowned out any possible sound the rest of the environment had to offer. Nishikata, being one of the crowds, had pushed his way to the very front  without much effort. Having a clear look at the poster, an idea came to mind.

Take a wild guess on what the idea could be.

'I can make a contest out of this to win against Takagi-san!'

A grin formed on his face as he squeezed his way out of the crowd. When he entered the classroom, Takagi, Sumire, and Yamamoto were already there, sitting in a small circle and chatting.

"Yo, Nishikata." Yamamoto greeted him. "You've seen the..."

"Tabletop game club's poster at the front door? Yeah." Nishikata immediately turned to Takagi. "Takagi-san, let's have a contest."

"The first one to complete it wins?" Takagi knowingly smiled. "The loser have to do what the winner says."

"Deal!" Nishikata replied with massive grin on his face.

"Is this how their daily conversations went?" Yamamoto whispered to Sumire.

"Basically, yeah." Sumire whispered back with a slight chuckle. "All the time."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1981 17.37814719698277...

"The first clue..." Nishikata stared aimlessly at the piece of paper, which had the copy of the first lead written on it. The school-wide contest consisted of three main challenges, with the first one being a puzzle related to this weird sting of numbers. The prize was said to be something big, and there were already rumors all over the school about it. Some thought it was a pizza party, others speculated it to be gift cards, still others went as far as to say it was a PlayStation. No matter what it was, it sure got the whole school hyped up. Even still, with so many people joined in on this puzzle frenzy, there was yet a single person who had figured it out. 

Back to Nishikata, he had been trying to solve the numbers for the past three classes and had came out with nothing. Even worst, he had no idea where to start. He looked to the side. Takagi was also focusing on the numbers. Her slightly frowned brows along with the gentle lip biting she did completely pulled Nishikata's attention in. As she swept a strain of hair to the side, he could feel his heart speeding up at an alarming rate. He shook his head to regain his focus and went back to aimlessly studying the number, yet his little gaze was still noticed by Takagi. She glanced at his direction and smiled.

......

"Yamamoto," Nishikata slammed the piece of paper on the desk, waking up the boy who was still napping from his sleep. "Can you help me with this?"

"That's... no way to ask for help." Yamamoto rubbed his eyes as he took the slip and took a look.

"Well?"

"Yeah I have no idea." Yamamoto said as he dropped back down to sleep.

"No, wait!" Nishikata pulled him back up. "You must know something."

"That's a strange assumption." Yamamoto gave him a frown with his tired eyes.

"You know a lot of people, and I just need some clues, like where to start, cause I literally don't even know that!" Nishikata said. "There must be some leaks. There's no way a school-wide event held by students is airtight!"