2.What We Will Be

"Good morning, Nishikata." Takagi greeted.

"Good morning, Takagi-san." He greeted back.

"So tell me." She said as she sat down at her seat and put her bag down. "What are the rules?"

"Uh..." Nishikata broke a cold sweat.

'She already knew I have a contest? I know she is good, but this is terrifyingly good!' He thought to himself. 'No worries, my plan is flawless, I can win this.'

"Care to tell me?"

"Ah! Yes!" Nishikata snapped out of his thought. "It's the forbidden word game, but it will go on for the whole day."

"A whole day?" Takagi chuckled. "Can you even last that long?"

"So there is a catch." He said while handing her a piece of paper. "Although we can write up to three words, we can't ban words like 'I' 'You' 'He' 'Her' or each other's names."

"You thought of everything." She smiled. "Shall we start?"

"Already on it."

'Takagi-san you fool!' Nishikata started writing as a smirk formed on his face. 'This is not a contest, but a carefully conculcated, undetectable, inevitable trap! The English teacher of our class have a tendency of making the students take turns reading vocabularies, and I've counted the exact vocabulary you will be asked to read! Mine is occupation, and yours...'

He looked at his piece of paper with pride. There was only one word on it: Affection.

Ring~~~~

The bell rang, and the first class, English, started.

'Ah, victory comes so quick.' Nishikata chuckled to himself as he took out his textbook.

"What are you doing, Nishikata?" Takagi asked.

"Eh?"

"The class was moved to tomorrow, didn't you know?" She explained. "There will be no English today."

"Wha..."

"Alright class," A teacher walked in with a bunch of paper on hand, who he recognized as the career teacher. "Some of you may know already, but your teacher is feeling under the weather today, so her class is moved to tomorrow. This session will be Career Exploration class."

Bump!

Nishikata smacked his head on the desk while letting out a weak scream under his breath.

"Pfff~ What was that about?" Takagi chuckled with a hint of concern.

"Nothing..."

......

Under the teacher's request, the class split into groups of four. Nishikata's group was consisted of Takagi, Sumire, and Yamamoto.

"So we have to think of a job to do a presentation on." Takagi quickly took charge in leading. "What job do you want to introduce?"

"Maybe we should choose a job that at least one of us is interested in." Yamamoto suggested. "Then we will have some base knowledge to go off of."

"How about each person propose one, and we will vote between them." Takagi said while taking out a pen and a notebook. "Sumire-chan, let's start with you."

"Well, I've always wanted to be an interior designer." She said with a bit of blush.

"My future house relies on you then." Takagi smiled as she wrote it down. "How about you, Yamamoto-kun?"