Little One

"Bye mami, Bye papi! Ill be sure to not let these kids cause havoc!" Camilo waved bye to his parents as delores corrected him

"Im older-"

"And? Im the most responsible!"

"Thats not true"

"It totally is! Tio bruno, arent i the most responsible?"

"Not one bit, mijo" bruno ruffled Camilo's hair and made his way into the kitchen, grabbing one of Julieta's snacks and walking off to his room but being stopped by Antonio

"Tio! Tio! Maria the rat said she wanted to be with you so i had to find you! Here here take her!"

Bruno was handed a little rat and thanked antonio as the rat snuggled up on him. He resumed his walk but was interrupted by mirabel and isabella at the steps

"I DIDNT TOUCH YOUR SHIT! I WOULDNT EVEN GO NEAR THAT NASTY BRUSH OF YOURS!"

Mirabel yelled and isabella gasped "NASTY? WELL THERES AN OBVIOUS REASON YOU'D NEED MY BRUSH, THAT HAIR IS RIDICULOUS!"

"OH SORRY FOR HAVING THE CURLY HAIRED GENE, TOOOTALLY MY FAULT!"

"Isabella, mirabel. Dont you think yelling is a little...harsh? Think of delores" bruno asked

The girls thought for a second and sighed, they both loved delores to bits and would absolutely hate to bring her sensitive ears any pain.

"And isabella, antonio took the brush for the jaguar."

Isabella groaned and stormed off into her room and mirabel left with a satisfied hum

Finally, bruno was able to make his way back to his room, until delores popped up behind him

"Tio-"

"AY MIJA- s-sorry delores, you scared me-"

"Oh, sorry tio. I just wanted to let you know that youre doing great at this tio thing but camilo is in his room and he needs you right now. I can hear him...hes crying..."

Delores sighed, she hated hearing her loved ones in pain 

"Me, mami and papi are the only ones who understand him. I know you would too. He trusts you tio"

"H-how do you know he needs ME? Maybe Augustin or Julieta could help-"

"I know my brother more than I know myself and i know hes started to trust you more than he does them. Hes grown fond of you and you've got to strengthen that."

"Thats sweet and all but...what the hell am i doing? Whats he upset about? I dont even know how to take care of kids! What if i make things worse?"

"Dont worry, he'll tell you if you make him feel safe. Mami and papi arent here and I dont think i can help him. He doesnt listen to me. Please try, tio."

Delores pleaded with her uncle and her uncle agreed to do as she asked. He walked to his nephews room, hoping this doesn't go down in flames.

The door was glowing the bright golden hue it always did but camilo's doorknob was gone. Bruno wondered if this happened to everyones when they were upset. He shrugged it off and knocked on the door.

"Mijo?"

"Tio Bruno? Is that you?"

"Yeah, may i come in?"

"For what?"

"I-" he nervously tried to come up with something to say without exposing that delores was listening in on him