211226

synopsis // spidergguk makes
friends!

"Dude."

"Dude!"

"DUDE."

"DUDE!" Jimin cackles over the other end of the phone while Jeongguk swings to the nearest roof. "I'm assuming it went well?"

"Dude, it was amazing. I asked her if she wanted to swing, and she said yes, and I gave her the necklace, and she told me she liked me, and basically it was totally a date—"

"See? I told you everything would be fine." Jimin has a stupid filter in the shape of a unicorn over his face, so Jeongguk can't tell whether he's making fun of him underneath all of it. Besides that, Jeongguk can't stop replaying the events of the other day. Kit had kissed him. Well, he kissed her back, but that definitely meant that they were something official. He gave her a necklace and all that too! So hopefully she was on the same page as him. Kit doesn't have the reputation of a player like Jimin and Hyebi do, so it makes him somewhat assured that it's something meaningful between them.

But on the other hand, he never explicitly asked her to be his girlfriend. He was so nervous giving her the necklace and swinging her over there that his brain shirt-circuited. Jeongguk was glad she couldn't see his face, because being that close to her made him think a lot of things he wasn't used to thinking before.

"Did you guys kiss."

"Dude!"

"So that's a yes! Katie owes me ten dollars." The stupid unicorn laughs on his screen, had Jeongguk not been wearing his mask, Jimin would have seen the ugly scowl on his face.

"You guys bet on us?"

"Well, we knew you'd end up together. Katie was so insistent that Kit wouldn't kiss anyone on the first date, even if it was you."

"You all are the worst."

"You mean we're the best. Because yes, I agree, we are—" At that moment, his friend's voice fades into the background when Jeongguk takes more steps to the edge of the roof. This is usually his spider sense telling him something's wrong nearby. Eyes scanning the view below him, everything looks fine. No signs of chaos, he can't hear cries of distress, which is what makes is all the more unsettling.

"Hey Jimin, I think I'm gonna' have to call you back. Something came up." He ends the call before Park demands him to explain further, tucking his phone away into his pocket. His ears are still ringing with an eerie high pitch, and his pulse begins to pick up in pace. It's the adrenaline, that animal instinct of fight or flight kicking in. That's when it happens.

Something small drops onto the roof. Jeongguk turns around immediately, eyes locking onto the box immediately. It looks like one of those firework-things, a tiny blue box with a flame lit on top of it. That's when his senses get the better of him, and he starts to run.

He barely jumps off the roof before the box explodes, causing everything within its sight to burn in flames.

Dusting off the back of his arms, which are singed slightly, the young superhero seeks refuge on a lower roof, cursing mentally to himself. Dealing with Doc Ock was more personal, he thought Spiderman was the reason behind his family being dead, but this attack is random and unlike any of the other supervillains Jeon has dealt with.