210221

synopsis // spidey sense!

One of the best advantages to being friends with Kit asides from her ridiculously talented brain is that her father owns a pizzeria. It just so happens that one late afternoon following a heavy day of school, she invites the two of them to chill with her at the restaurant. He arrives later than Jimin, who's already seated at a booth with her, chewing on a pizza slice. At the sight of them, his eyes brighten more, quickly hiding his hand into the pockets of his hoodie. When Jimin waves, Kit turns.

A small smile lifts her lips, he wonders if she's still thinking about their conversation from that night.

"Pepperoni?" Jeongguk slides in next to Jimin. "That's so basic."

"He asked for it, not me."

He makes eye contact with Jimin, who scowls. "Makes a lot of sense then."

"Pepperoni is just classic."

"Mushrooms taste better in my opinion." Kit huffs, but she's eating a slice regardless. "What happened to your hand Jeon?"

He glances up. "What?"

"Aren't you right handed?" She nods at his left hand, which is holding a slice. "Why are you eating from your left?"

"You're too observant." Jimin comments, leaning into his palm. "It's annoying."

"Wanna know what's more annoying? Your existence, Park." Kit fires back, then looks back at Jeongguk. Whatever attempt Jimin had attempted at to get her sidetracked clearly didn't work. "What happened?"

"Got in a fight with someone." He responds plainly. Well, at least this time it is true. He did get in a fight with someone. But he doesn't mention how this happened at three in the morning, while he had been on patrol.

"A fight?" For a moment her face softens. "With who? Why?"

"Ah, it's not that important." He shrugs it off. "Not a big deal."

"But-"

"Seriously, Kit." And Jeongguk looks at her for emphasis. Her eyes narrow. "I swear, I'm fine."

"Aw, you care." Jimin croons dryly. "Ugh, just confess your feelings and make out already. This is sickening to watch."

At Jimin's implication, her face cracks, and she glances away. Jeongguk awkwardly eyes his half eaten pizza slice. This is not the first time his friend has jabbed at them like that, he expects it won't be the last for a long while. While Park has had his consistent amount of flings throughout the summer and here and there through the school year, he is also the sole campaigner of trying to shove both Jeongguk and Kitanna together.

He personally doesn't do the dating scene. Especially while being Spiderman? It would never work out, he can hardly keep up with strictly platonic activities. And asides from that, he doesn't really have any guts to ask someone out.

Kit in general, she hates men.

"Anyways, uh..." She gets up. "I think I have to go check the back. See if my dad needs anything. I'll be right back."

"Way to go, dipshit." Jeongguk scowls as she leaves. "You scared her off!"

"Oh please, Kitty does not have the ability to be scared."

"You're never gonna lay off from those jokes, are you?" He slumps into his elbow. "She's already pissed at me for lying about where I got Hildy."

"Well, what else were you supposed to say?" He clears his throat, mimicking his best Jeongguk tone, which almost makes the other laugh. "Sorry Kit, I forgot to mention I found Hildegard while I was battling off some thugs in an alleyway. Also, I am that dashing webbed superhero who wears red and blue spandex. Worship me."

"Shut up." He shoves the shorter's shoulder. "Say it louder and everyone will hear you."

"Dunno' how you do it man." Jimin shrugs. "If I were Spiderman, I would want the whole world to know it is me."

"The privacy is nice. People think Spiderman is this aggrandized dude who's perfect in every way. They get to imagine what he's really like, which allows me to be myself without the pressure."

Supposedly that is true. But then again there is pressure in the opposite sense of trying to live up to the expectations people hold for Spiderman. Oh he's a charming guy who knows exactly what to do? Well Jeongguk wants to be like that too.

From the corner of his eye, he sees Kitanna Jung returning from the break room. And he wonders what she thinks Spiderman is like. Whether it was obvious, Kit's opinion matters a lot to him.

When she's nearing their table, they notice her carrying a platter of drinks in her hand, two tall drinks of green sprite, and one of iced water. Then eyes narrowing, he looks at her. "Kit, watch out."

"Watch?" She frowns, before halting abruptly as another customer brushes past her tray, without so much of an apology. The brunette blinks, then her eyes follow the other man with a glare.

"Thanks." She mumbles, sliding his drink over. "How did you even see him coming?"

Jeongguk shrugs, slipping the straw in between his lips. He needs to be careful, or one day his pretty best-friend will put the pieces together herself.