chapter 36 • does he still think i'm the same spoiled rich girl he thought i was

Start from the beginning

"the galaxy battle movies, dude." troy laughed.

"oh, i've never seen those movies." newt said.

troy and sawyer gasped in unison, hands on their hearts. "what?"

"yeah, i'm just not a space kind of guy. i mean, rocker ships and moon men? it's just not relatable." newt shrugged.

"yeah. you know what is relatable? por-" i started, but sawyer glanced at me. "sorry."

"newt, those movies aren't just about space ships and aliens. they're about so much more. okay, how about tomorrow, before we go see part four, you two coke with us and watch the original three galaxy battle movies." troy suggested, remembering that i hadn't watched it either.

"okay bye, i have plans with bella." i picked up my bag, giving sawyer a hug before i left.

«───── « ʚ♡ɞ » ─────»

i bounced my leg up and down, impatiently waiting for the movies to be over.

and they hadn't even started.

"i now introduce to you, the famous space smugglers. orion starfly!" troy jumped onto the ground.

i know this man is not cosplaying.

"and rando beeboo!" sawyer said.

he was wearing green tights, green gloves, a weird home made frog head thing, and a weirdly textured shirt and shorts.

"oh my god, get out." i shoved my face in my hands.

"you guys really went all out. i particularly enjoy these, uh, what do you call them? spaceships?" newt asked

"you shouldn't have." i said, glancing at newt.

"what's wrong with my outfit?" sawyer asked, sitting down next to me.

he hadn't taken off the necklace i bought him.

"now prepare yourself. your life is about to be changed. forever." troy said

"nothing! you look.." i started.

sawyer waited for a compliment.

"that's it." i said.

finally, after hours, the movies finally stopped.

"so, life changing?" troy asked.

"pass." newt gave a thumbs down.

"what could you not possibly like about something that is perfect?" sawyer asked.

"you didn't like me. i'm perfect." i joked.

"first of all, the heroes are rando, an out of control pilot who refuses to obey the light speed limit, and orion, a selfish thief who's constantly forgetting his girlfriends birthdays. not exactly good guys." newt said.

"oh, come on! sometimes you have to break a few rules to save the galaxy." troy stood up.

"have i forgot your birthday?" sawyer panicked, spinning around.

"no." i reassured. "thankfully."

newt and troy had a conversation about how best didn't like the movies, and i agreed.

despite not liking the movies, i still went to go watch them with sawyer.

i texted bella, who had gone through with her plan to invite zack on a date to her house.

it turns out, he had invited his girlfriend.

i suggested bella throw a party to distract from it, but she ran out of snacks.

i ran out of the movie theater, texting an explanation to sawyer and troy. i stopped by the grocery store for snacks before arriving.

when i walked in with bags of food, i was interrupted by zack and bella.

"alisha wants to leave, but won't even tell me why. i don't know what happened, but she doesn't even wanna see me right now." zack explained.

"uh.." i began, but was pulled over to the kitchen.

pepper and sophie got snack bowls, while i placed them on the table.

bella walked out, and i peered through the window.

"look, i know you asked out zach and are having this party to cover it up." the girl, who i could only assume was alisha, zacks girlfriend, said.

"if i knew he was with someone, i would've never asked him out in the first place." bella explained.

"really? because you and zack sure looked like you were having a good time in there."

"no, i wasn't. okay, i was. but i don't want him! okay, i did. look, i'm not trying to mess up anything for the two of you."

she promised her that she'd stay away, and i quickly ran back to the snack table.

zack and alisha made up, and bella kicked everyone out of the fake party.

"can we stay and finish the snacks?" pepper asked.