IV. Camping

[117]

chapter four - "camping"

After a few minutes of waiting in the station, Noah Stilinski, his two kids, and Scott McCall all stood in the Sheriff's office. "I want you to be honest with me," Noah started, leaning against his desk whilst the other three were facing him.

"Absolutely and completely honest," He looked at the kids, each of them nodding their heads in agreement. "Have you been time traveling?"

"Hang on, what?" Stiles asked in confusion. If anything, they were just expecting a lecture from their father and then they'd be sent home, but instead he was asking strange questions.

Instead of answering, Noah raised his hand in front of him. "Because if time traveling is real, you know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're going to be driving me to Eichen House."

"We found him like that," Scott said, ending the Sheriff's rant.

"Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?"

"No," Stiles replied, making Angelina turn to him with her mouth open, hoping he wasn't about to throw them under the bus. "We found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake."

Angelina shook her head in disappointment, "Don't listen to him, he has no idea what he is even saying. You know? With that one brain cell hanging on in there, no wonder he just says stuff."

"You told me you were camping!"

"Yeah, we were," Stiles says to his father calmly. "It was in- in Mexico."

"We camped on the hard, concrete floor of the..." Stiles clamped his hand over Angelina's mouth as she tried to dig them an even bigger grave for their father to throw them in later.

Scott took this chance to try and explain to the Sheriff what happened to Derek. "Derek's been aged backwards. He can't remember anything."

"We just need to talk to him," Stiles added.

Noah shook his head and leaned back onto his desk. "Yeah, well, so far he's not talking to anybody," He informed them, then tilted his head and sighed. "Besides Angelina."

"Yeah, he'll talk to me at least," Angelina said, looking through the office window to see Derek sitting out on the bench.

"He'll talk to me," Scott also stated, preparing to show Derek that he was an Alpha.