extra - misfit and monster

..........

"...the simplest moments in life can make a man,
little moments that pass us by."

"First Times" -Ed Sheeran

Niall's POV

..........

Natalie cuddles up under my arm, panting breaths brushing across the hair on my chest. I can feel her smile into my skin, and it brings one to my own face.

"Think I filled you up nice and good that time, hmm?" I ask, letting my fingers tangle in her hair. Nat nods against my chest, giggling quietly.

"Yes, daddy, I think you did." Her words erupt a lava trail of goosebumps over my skin.

"You're gonna look so pretty carrying my baby. Your belly all swollen. Pretty fucking tits beggin' for attention. Fuck, darling, I'm gonna get hard again. I jus' want to start our fuckin' family right now."

Nat and I decided a few months ago that we were ready.

Ever since that first trip to Holly Village we'd been rejuvenated. Like a reset. Through our engagement and planning for the wedding, Natalie was working to find a balance between the hospital and home. I think the trip made her realize that her job was wedging its way into our relationship, and I didn't think I could be prouder of her in those weeks after, where she fought herself tirelessly to stay present.

I never doubted her love for me, even back then when I only ever caught glimpses of her in my peripherals. I knew it was loud and strong, and I knew she showed it in her own ways. But it's like the trip reminded her of how much she loves me. She'd nearly flipped like a switch the moment we got home, making sure to prioritize us as much as she could.

And, sure, there were ups and downs; weeks where she'd be swamped and would sit on the floor in the living room surrounded by paper and scissors and lamination scraps, in tears. Weeks where I'd have to make her coffee, two spoonfuls of cream, one of sugar, and pass it off with a quick peck as she bolted out of the door like a flash of lightning. But no matter what, she twirled back down to me, like a shining, drifting star, settling quietly below my chin.

Because she's always been such a busy bee, Nat needed something to keep herself occupied, and wedding planning was perfect for her. My crazy woman had our wedding planned to nearly a T with seven months left to go. I'm amazed by her, if I'm being honest.

It took exactly four months and seventeen days of marriage for her to bring up starting a family. Like I said...she needs to keep herself occupied. And my little minx decided that my cock is the perfect way to do just that.

"Angel, I think I want a baby." she had murmured into my shoulder while we sat on the couch watching some Hallmark movie.

My heart spun in my chest before erupting into an explosion of space rock and stardust at her admission. Words choked in my throat, squeezing tight. "W-what? Natalie...what?"

Nat tilted her cheek up, hazel eyes full of wonder and twinkles, like every fragment of my heart filled them right up. She had a gentle smile, a thoughtful smile, decorating her beautiful face as she nodded. "We could have a little family - you, and me, and the dogs, and a tiny little baby. I just...I think I'm ready."

"You...want a baby?" The shock had my head feeling fuzzy, pictures I've always treasured pushing their way from the back of my brain to stand in the spotlight.