𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

Start from the beginning

"are you hurt?" I questioned.

That's the thing about our relationship, although Dick and I are close in age it's obvious who's the older sibling based on how we act. I often found myself being over protective.

I started checking his head for injuries when I realized what he meant "oh..." I stopped and looked at him.

"little asshole" I said as he sat me down at the ambulance.

"Whoa watch your profanity" he told me, "I'm just a child"

A paramedic came over and getting out some clean tweezers, pulled the glass out from just above my temple. They quickly cleaned it up and put a small butterfly strip on to keep it together. Batman walked over and thanked them as we walked back to the car.
We got in and finally made our way to the hall of Justice...

~ ~ ~

I looked at the hall from where we all stood, eyes wide. Today. THE day. A lot of responsibility comes with being a league member, what if I'm not prepared? I've been training for this moment since I heard it was an option yet these thoughts of failure still wrack my brain.

To say I was nervous was a huge understatement.

I stood staring at the building not realizing I had zoned out, I felt a hand place itself on my shoulder. I looked up and my masked eyes were met with Bruces under a mask of his own.

"Today's the day." He told me and I nodded looking back at the hall. I heard two other voices but they were practically muffled to my dissociating ears, all I could focus on was not messing up. I was only snapped out of it when a new voice joined the conversation.

"OH MAN!" I heard the younger speedster shout. I whipped around to see Flash skid in beside him. "I knew we'd be the last one's here" I laughed a bit to myself as we started walking. I walked up in front with Aqualad, followed by Robin and Kidflash, then the others behind them.

"Nervous?" The Atlantean questioned. I looked up at him as we walked. "Is it that obvious?"

Aqualad had always been kind to me. Sometimes I wondered if him and I were the only mature sidekicks. He was extremely trust worthy and I would trust him with my life.

"Oh no not obvious" my brother's voice rang from behind me. "But the rant you gave me during breakfast would definitely indicate some form of stress." he finished as I sighed.

"Have all five sidekicks ever been at the same place at the same time?" Wally asked, changing the subject which I gave him a grateful look for, getting a small wink in return.

"Don't call us sidekicks" Speedy practically growled "not after today"

Speedy, Roy Harper, the oldest of us. Ever since we met he was dedicated to being a protege, and even more so when we were told we could one day become league members. Him and I had that in common, the constant need to impress. Though he was much more..aggressive.

Still, he was great. Besides I was pretty close with him and Aqualad. While my brother and KidFlash formed their friendship, I stuck with them. Maybe it was because I didn't feel the need to protect them because they were always the one doing that for me.

"Sorry" the speedster apologized "first time at the hall. I'm a little overwhelmed"

"You're overwhelmed, freeze was underwhelmed why isn't anyone ever just-"