" Ow ' he rubbed the place where she hit .

" It's a chocolate cupcake for my cutie " she took off the cover and there it was a delicious cupcake making Khalid and Sayra's mouth watery .

Ibrahim devoured one of the cup cakes …. Making Sayra and Khalid's mouth hang .

Since childhood it's Sayra and Khalid's rights , she only makes dessert for them only .

" So it means you don't love us anymore, " Khalid dramatically said, pretending to look hurt .

" I never knew I was replaceable " Sayra covered her mouth fake crying .

" Straight up karma " 16 year old Nafisa sang from the door.

'' Excuse me, " Khalid narrowed his eyes .

" You are already excused " she stood beside Ibrahim who was eating without any care for the world .

" This is straight up your karma '' she pointed her index finger between Khalid and Sayra who just exchanged looks .

" And how is that? " Sayra crossed her arm .

" Well…. With the start you replace me and Ibrahim replaced you '' she smiled with satisfaction tilling her head .

" Ohh you guys so dramatic " Ibrahim finished her food with a sigh getting up , he looked at all the elders with a disappointed look .

" Grow up guys " he raised his arm then dropped shaking his head and walked away .

Everyone look at each other then burst into laughter

" You guys are doing a fab job Osman " Khalid drinks his coffee .

" Damn the job , I am having nightmares now " Osman leaned on his chair , while the bell ding indicating some new customer came .

" Why ?" Khalid stopped his coffee mid way , his eyes captured someone .

" You know those girls , there faces there-" Osman's voice faded for Khalid as he kept staring at the girl who was taking orders from the new customer .

" Dude " Osman clicked his finger in front of him, catching his attention .

" Where are you looking ?" Osman looks behind where Khalid is looking .

" She is one of the victims " Osman recognizes her .

" You want to talk to her, '' his words got Khalid off guard .

" What ? No !" He looked down at his coffee like it was the most interesting thing .

" Liar, " Osman said with a smirk .

'' Go be a man , talk to her, " Osman encouraged him .

" No ! Ammi said , we should not talk to a non Mehram it's a sin " Khalid didn't meet his eyes feeling stupid .

After seconds of silence Osman burst into laughter… 

" What are you, a five -year -old kid? " he laughed , turning red in shame .

" I am not asking you to make her your girlfriend , just ask her about well being and be her friend, that's it " he shrugged casually .

Khalid looked at her , the way the lock fell on her face , she blew it by her mouth cutely . He couldn't help but feel captivated by her beauty .

" Fine " he stood up " I will go and talk to her " he fixed his coat cracking his neck motivating himself .

" I can do it " 

" I can do it " 

" I can do it " Khalid was so close to standing in front of her but turned the moment she looked his way .

" I cannot do it " 

" I cannot do it " 

" I cannot do it " 

Osman slapped his forehead " nothing can happen to him " he whispered .

" Khalid " his step halted as he heard her angelic voice . His heart beating like a wild animal trying to escape his chest

" Khalid " she called out again .

" Is that you ?" 

Taking a deep breath Khalid turned around " yeah Assalamualaikum ( peace be upon you ) " 

" How are you? " she approached him .

" Alhamdulillah ( all praise belongs to Allah ) , how are you? " All of a sudden he was lacking words , he had so much in his mind but now it's blank . It's like he prepared for his examination so well and the moment he saw the test paper he forgot everything .

" Jannat , take the next table " she looked back at the voice. Khalid .

" I am so sorry I had to go " 

No no please don't go.. Khalid wanted to say but couldn't .

She was about to turn, sinking his heart but turning like a ray of light , she wrote something in her notepad tearing it handed to her. 

"This is my number " she gave him the paper while walking inside hurriedly .

Khalid walked back to where Osman was having coffee smiling unknowingly .

He sat in his seat with thud " she gave me her number " he said in disbelief .

" Lucky man…" Osman patted his shoulder .

" Should I call her ?" Khalid kept staring at the phone laying down on his bed. 

" Or text " 

" Hii…" he texted  then deleted it .

" This is Khalid, " he typed, then deleted it .

He sighs, tossing his phone on the side .

His phone Bing ..

Frowning he opened his text …. He quickly sat up .

" Hii… it's Jannat " 

_____________________________________

Another update ....... Do you guys like this version of Khalid ??