Sammy strode into the next room, before grinning at the new, possibly pleasant, development. If anything, it would give the gang of humans behind him a new friend to fawn over. He never liked being the center of attention anyways, or more specifically, being constantly disturbed when he was trying to focus.

"Hello Henry!"

5 minutes beforehand...

⊱⊰ Henry's Pov⊱⊰

I yawned as Boris looked in yet another barrel for any soup cans. I was tired. We had been searching for some Bacon Soup, but we kept coming up empty handed. Our supplies had been running dangerously low too, and it was only the knowledge that the ink demon hadn't been seen in over loops that I'd even agreed in the first place.

I kept my axe in my hand as I peeked into the next room. No searchers, luckily enough. I knew the Butcher gang was on the lower levels. Unless Sammy popped up to try to steal our food, which he'd done quite a few times lately, we would be clear.

Boris finished his search with a dejected huff, and he quickly hurried to stand behind me. It was our usual way of moving throughout the studio. Boris used me as a meat shield, and he got to look for food.

The next room seemed to be likewise empty of food. It looked like it had been ransacked already, but we always checked just in case a lone can was missed. I heard the familiar sound of planks breaking and couldn't help but tense and gulp nervously. Sammy was nearby, and if he was nearby chances are we'd fight. Fights with him were always brutal.

"Hello Henry!"

I saw Boris slink behind me to hide. Smart. "What do you want Sammy? We don't have any food." I eyed the madman up, and he was likely doing the same thing. "Well nice to see you too! Anyway, I have a surprise!"

I almost couldn't believe my eyes as another, un-inked, human walked through the door after Sammy. The stranger looked equally surprised. The door was opened fully now, and I stared at the mass of humans. It had been a long, long time since I had seen a face that was un-inked. Joey didn't count.

"What the fuck, Sammy!? How the hell did these people get in?!" The inky man just grinned at me. "I have no idea! They said they'd take me outside though if I showed them around. Seemed like a good enough deal."

The man standing next to Sammy suddenly perked up. "We would be happy to escort you two to the surface if you'd like." I glanced over at Boris. The man had likely noticed the wolf wasn't suited for combat by the way he was cowering behind me with his hands over his eyes.

I sighed. "Boris, do you want to leave?" The toon uncovered his eyes and looked up at me slowly, clearly thinking. He tilted his head at me, and I got the unsaid message. "He wants to get his stuff before going up."

"We can do that, but we will need help finding it. This place is like a maze." The man complained. I slowly nodded. "Sure, we can do that." I turned on the spot, starting to move towards the door. Boris followed me like a shadow.