Chapter 20 (Christmas Special!)

Start from the beginning

EJ: *looks at them* mom, dad, I want to get something for Ricky on christmas!

My mom and my dad looked at each other for a few seconds, and then looked back at me, while a slight smile slowly appeared on their faces and I don't know if that's good or bad because they could be trying to trick me into thinking they'll allow me to get him a present.

Cash: alright, bud (Mike has influenced him a little bit with that) do you have something in mind to get him?

I instantly smiled upon hearing my dad ask that... but it started to slowly fade as I kept thinking.

EJ: ...I don't know

Elena: well, do you know something that he would like to do or learn?

I kept thinking about it but nothing came to my mind... then I remembered something that happened some weeks ago in November.

*Flashback*

Narrator's POV

Ricky and EJ were playing in their room waiting to be called to come down to eat whatever James had prepared that day.

EJ: hey, I need to go to the bathroom, you can keep playing if you want *stands up*

Ricky: no, I'll wait for you to come back *smiles*

EJ smiled back and then made his way to the bathroom in his room, while Ricky just played a little bit with Franklin, to not affect on what EJ was playing, EJ took a little bit to come out of the bathroom so while he was inside, Ricky decided to sing a tiny bit of a song song from one of the movies they saw recently, after Cash bought a few DVD's for them to watch when they liked, with his eyes closed as he imagined himself singing it to EJ.

And some would say that he imagined himself and EJ on their current age, but ever since that dream he had a few months back, he always imagined his grown up version singing to the grown up EJ, which was the case for this one, even imagining some instruments on occasions, this time being a piano, he even pretended to have a piano in front of him, despite him not knowing the correct notes.

(I'm not gonna leave a link for the song this time, since it would be impossible to find one that could work... I think)

Ricky: We're soaring, flying
There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach
If we're trying
yeah we're Breaking Free.

Running, Climbing
To get to that place to
Be all that we can be
Now's the time
So we're Breaking Free.

(I seriously thought what song could be used, but my mind only came up with this)

Ricky was having no problem singing as long as he was alone... or with his father since he had previously heard him sing, and although Ricky wasn't singing so loud, so EJ didn't hear him, it was the complete opposite, because after Ricky sang the "Running, Climbing" lyric, EJ was coming out of the bathroom but stopped upon hearing Ricky sing, he stood there hypnotized upon hearing his voice.

*End of flashback*

EJ's POV

That's it!

EJ: *smiling* I want to get him a guitar... a little one. (He didn't see Ricky pretending to play the piano)

Cash: a guitar?

EJ: yes... or something around the like of that, but not a big one so he can play with it.