Chapter 16 - Aomine vs Kise

"I literally just had the most amazing idea in the world and the chemistry teacher totally shut me down!" I complained on the rooftop next to Daiki who was eating my lunch.

"Oh yeah?"

"Well I was thinking, oxygen tanks have limited air, a lot of people end up dying because they run out of air in underwater tunnels, so why don't humans create a smaller device that can be worn as a mask that filtered out the hydrogen from H2O, leaving mostly oxygen?"

Aomine stopped chewing his sausage and looked up at me,."You've got some crazy ideas roaming around in your mind." He said slightly intrigued.

"Well, she said that it was possible but the cost was too much to make, but I beg to differ. Tech like that would like world changing, it could be done!"

"Well then do it." he said bluntly.

"I'm not smart enough to."

"That's fair, maybe if you ever met like bill gates you could ask him to make it."

"That's not a bad idea-"

"Sarcasm Sōdai, that'll never happen." He said chuckling.

"Haha very funny."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's game time." I said nudging Aomine's shoulder as we walked into the Lockeroom, he took a deep breath in and smiled, I could tell he was really looking forward to dueling it out with Kise.

"Well, I gotta go get dressed." I said, holding up my duffel bag.

"Right, you got it tailored so it'll look less dumb." Imayoshi said smiling.

"Yes, yes." I exited and quickly went into the girls bathroom to change, I was pleased that the costume was smaller but it was a bit tight, it definitely exposed that I wasn't a man.. that might be troubling.

I walked out and met the team as they headed to the gym, I ran into the gym first and riled up the crowd who shouted loudly at my appearance. That's when I noticed that there was another mascot in the gym.. it was a yellow tiger, are you kidding me? They never had a mascot before!

I ran over to the coach and asked what was up, "Oh well, after seeing the great popularity of Tōō's mascot other schools have decided to bring out the ol' mascots too, you're a trend setter!"

"They're copying us!" I said angrily, I turned towards the tiger who was shaking his booty at me and smacking his butt, how disrespectful!

I quickly wrote on a board and held it up so he could see it read. "COPYCAT!!!!"

And the crowd bust out laughing chanting IMITATION! Towards him, poor guy lol.

After they calmed down the match began, it was close, but it was clear Aomine could outshine Kise on a one on one, normally Kise would have the advantage because he's more accepting of teamwork, however, Aomine is not the man he was. He knows now that it's okay to rely on others to help him. I smiled and cheered them on relentlessly.

By the end of the first quarter Kaijo was only a few points behind, I could tell Aomine was really enjoying the competition.

Me and the tiger beefed throughout the game, he kept testing me so I kept roasting him with the crowd. Apparently it worked because he got so mad that he ran across the court in the middle of the game just so he could tackle me, we tussled with each other as the crowd laughed.

"What are you doing!" I yelled at him.

"Just a PR stunt! Don't take it personally" He yelled back.

We rolled around in the ground until the refs finally dragged us apart, let me tell you it's hard brawling inside of a suit.