━━SANJŪKU

Start from the beginning

Kageyama shrugged, a finite of a curve touching his lips. "That depends on you, Nao-san."

She began to ponder about his words while pointedly watching him. Releasing a sigh, she had reached a decision. "Okay—I will now tell you." Nao flashed him an incandescent beam. Kageyama believed that it was so similar to the stars above them. "Since that wish has been granted."

"Already?"

Kageyama asked her, his expression almost in wide bewilderment with a tinge of glee. "How so?"

The girl gestured in affirmation, then taking a long breath before answering him. Her cheeks painted in shades of pink. "I have wished to see you smile, and the stars have answered it right away." She gazed at the setter with dark-blue eyes, a jovial crinkle on the frames of her orbs.

His expression began to soften. He could not help but feel his mouth pull into that gesture again. He then looked away, trying to stop the weird sensations in his heart.

"You intrigue me." He quietly muttered—bashful. "Other people would have wished for the things that they want the most." Kageyama explained. "You had wasted your wish, I don't think that's what you actually wanted."

Nao then returned her focus to the sky. "Well, I love seeing your smile. I have seen it, and it did not go to waste." She folded her hands together as she had continued to talk, glancing back at him.

"That was what I have wished for, Kageyama-san. I'm delighted whenever you are happy."

Upon hearing her, Kageyama moved to cover his hands on hers. The movement of their boat sending ripples on the lake. "Do you mean everything that you have said?"

"Without a doubt." Nao responded almost immediately.

Kageyama smiled again, happy with her answer. The setter was deeply fixated. He had memorized her every feature already. Their eyes locking together. Nao loved their shade—an endless pool of deep purple.

"Then—from now on—all you need is to ask, Nao-san." Kageyama told, reaching for her face. He was holding her in a loving manner as he was slowly closing their distance. The space in between grew small until his lips brushed her glowing cheek. The infinite stars as a witness of the great affection that he had for her.

"Your wish is my command."

Nao was looking at Kageyama, trying to examine the latter

Nao was looking at Kageyama, trying to examine the latter. He was reaching his hand to help her out of the boat. The girl then gripped it and took a step to the dock. It proved to be difficult because of the kimono that she was wearing. She then accidentally tripped on the helm of the dress.

It was a good thing that Kageyama was with her. He directly clutched her waist, putting his arms around the girl—securing her safely. She then collided on his chest with an 'oof'.

"Are you okay?"

Nao tucked the loose stray behind her ear, her face beginning to heat up due to how close they were again. She could still feel the lingering caress of his lips when he had kissed her.

"A-ah—g-good. I-I'm good. Thank you."

The two of them were walking on the dock together back to the main festivities. Their walk was  accompanied with silence. Nao and Kageyama had mostly tread past couples which made the girl blushed even more. They were showing sweet gestures and affection towards each other. Nao thought that only her and the setter were not an official couple here in Miyagi Canoes tonight.

A rush of awkwardness seeped through her. She then avoided them out of her line of sight. Kageyama noticed this, he began to clasp her hand—just like the couples that they were passing by.

"Nao-san, I'm here." He gave her words of reassurance, giving her a light nudge. Nao then shifted her eyes to him, showing him a grateful smile.

They were now walking hand-in-hand.

"Kageyama-san." Nao called for the raven-haired player. "I want to ask a question."

"Hn?" The said setter then glanced at her, curious as to what it was.

"It's about what you did earlier." Nao had pondered about this for awhile. She had attempted to create an answer of her own—however it would not be the same, unless it came from him. "W-why did you try to stop my wedding with Suga-san in the marriage booth?"

Nao observed him pausing. "I-I just want to know if what you had reasoned was the truth." The Fuji was hesitating a little bit, fiddling with the fabric of her kimono. She then drew a large breath, bringing in any sort of courage that she could muster. These thoughts were nudging in her head, and she needed answers.

"Even while you have the right to not say anything, which I can respect, your silence only adds to my confusion. What do you want me to think? What was that all about? I also don't want to make any assumptions when—"

Her frantic chatter was abruptly cut short when Kageyama pulled her close to him. His hands were cupping the sides of her face, moving her in his direction. He steadily reached for her chin. The deep blueberry rings were swiveling with so much depth and emotion. They were solely fixed on her. Seconds turned into slow hours as he then grazed his lips in a sweet yet ardent kiss.

She could sense his dithery tremble, but he still remained firm on his ground despite it. His kiss was delicate and driven. The prodigy wanted to show Nao what he had felt for he was not always good with words.

"I'm in love with you." He put their foreheads together afterwards, touching her bright cheeks that were smearing a pretty hue. "That is the only reason." The setter responded to all of the queries she had thrown his way.

Nao was in a daze—surprised by his actions and mesmerized with the sheer magnitude of his orbs in this proximity. Kageyama kissed her again, this time with only a light brush—an infinitesimal kiss

"I love you—that is the truth."

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

❞═════════════