[ 010 ] the traffic snarl.

Start from the beginning

Then the goddamn RV breaks down.

Odessa gets out of the Cherokee and approaches the others where she joins T-Dog's side while Dale complains, "I said it, didn't I? A thousands times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asks. Odessa looks at him and huffs. T-Dog looks at her and she huffed again when she notices his stare.

"He's such an asshole," she whispers to T-Dog and he nods in agreement. Though, Odessa's words have more than one meaning. The first nights after the CDC, she got no sleep. She always dreamed of Shane and what he would have done to her had she not defended herself.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of—" Dale stops talking when Daryl starts to rummage through a nearby car. "Okay, that was dumb."

"If you can't find a radiator hose here. . ." Shane trails off.

"There's a whole bunch of things we can find," Daryl states and Odessa nods in agreement.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start," T-Dog claps Odessa's shoulder before walking off.

"Maybe some water."

"Or food."

"This is a graveyard." Lori says and everyone looks at her. "I don't know how I feel about this."

"Well," Odessa sighs, looking around at the cars. "I don't think any of these guys care if we take their stuff."

Daryl does not mean to huff in amusement but he does and Odessa grins to herself at it. Lori only sends her a withering look before everyone begins to scavenge the cars.

Odessa approaches a promising looking black pickup and opens the front door. Inside is a dead body. She watches it for a second before its eyes peel open. She stabs it quickly.

She then pulls it from the truck and onto the road. She opened the glove compartment and the sees only napkins and the vehicle's registration. When she moves to the bed of the truck, her eyebrows shoot up.

There's a shotgun, an AK-47, and a bag. She climbed on the back and opens the bag. She lets out a whistle at the contents. Inside is ammo upon ammo and a beautiful knife.

She pulls it out and examines it. The handle and the metal are both a beautiful matte black, the blade itself was a good eight inches. She grins to herself.

She found herself a bigger knife.

She grabs the guns and the bag after hooking the knife and its stealth to her belt. She treks to where T-Dog and Daryl were to show them.

"Hey, guys!" She calls. "Guys—" she cuts herself off when she sees the first walker. She stabs it quickly and it drops. Then she sees the others.

The hundreds of others.

"Oh, holy shit," she whispers. She bolts until she finds T-Dog who is bleeding. A lot.

She looks at him and grabs his shoulder, "what do we do?" She whispers, panicked. He shakes his head.

"Hide," he whispers. "Under the cars."

"I'm not going anywhere without, 'kay?" She tells him. "They're— they'll smell your blood."

Then their savior comes in the form of Daryl Dixon.

He drags T-Dog into a laying position and throws a corpse on top of him and tells Odessa to do the same. She quickly does so, grabbing a body by the shirt and laying it on top of herself while Daryl does it too. They do so with only seconds to spare because the walkers begin to shuffle past the three.

She clutches her knife in her right hand tightly as the walkers move past them. There are so many. Odessa's clenches her eyes shut as they stumble, growl, moan.

After a couple minutes, they're all gone.

Odessa throws the body off of her and moves to T-Dog quickly. She immediately presses her hand to his arm in attempt to stop the bleeding. "What the hell did you do?" She asks him.

"Cut it on a piece of metal," he responds shakily.

Daryl and Odessa pull the man up and help get him back to the others. When they arrived Shane and Glenn quickly help T-Dog. Odessa eyes Carol who stood at the guard rail, she is gnawing on her nails anxiously.

She then looks around and asks, "where's Sophia?"

______________________________

word count: 1,287

here's the very first chapter of act two and season two!!! this is the start of some of my absolute favorite relationships odessa has— t-dog, beth, carol, hershel, daryl, and maggie. you guys are going to love all of her relationships.

odessa just found her knife and lemme tell you guys. it is ICONIC. what is up with me and making my characters find their most iconic weapons in this traffic jam? first aiden and her green handled machete (go read the calamity series, i promise you guys will love it) and now odessa and her knife.

so any predictions for this season and what's gonna happen? because A LOT is going to happen in this act. prepare yourselves for a huge emotional roller coaster.