3 - Advanced Seven Society

Hanako burst into laughter. Nene's face was priceless. If only he had a camera at that moment.

"No, no, this A. S. S. stands for Advanced Seven Society. Pretty clever, huh?"

"Clever? How is it a society if there are only seven of you?" Nene debated.

"C'mon, I'm trying to make it work there!"

"You're the one who came up with that?"

"Of course, I'm the leader afterall."

"You? A leader? What do you guys even do?"

"Just a secret project thingy."
"Uh huh. So, Akane-kun part of it?"

"Yeah, unfortunately."

"Is the rocket part of it too?"

"Well- uhm...yes," Hanako smiled.

"So, there's seven of you, right?"

"...technically no, but yeah,"

What does that even mean? Nene wondered if it was some kind of joke.

"What about Tsuchigomori-san?"

"Ah, Tsuchigomori. He's sort of my mentor, I guess. He's a member of A. S. S. too."

Hanako explained that Tsuchigomori is very fond of spiders, which is why they call him Spider-sensei sometimes. They almost believed that he actually feed on insects.

"I think I should stop interrogating you now. I'm getting way too involved," Nene facepalmed herself. In reality, the topic of Tsuchigomori eating spiders just frightened her.

"Why not? I loved it when you're curious about me~"

"Ugh...," Nene got annoyed, " I just think that you've disclosed too much information on A. S. S., and it's a secret project, right?"

"That's nice, but I don't think a novelist would be a threat. Would you?"

"Heh, of course not."

Their walk back to Nene's house went quiet and short. Akane greeted them with a frown on the porch.

"Ah, Akane-"

"Forgive me, Yashiro-san, that you have to fetch him. I'm really sorry." Akane pulled Hanako by the arm.

"You're usually a deep sleeper-" Hanako chuckled.

"Apologize, nightmare child!"

"Jeez...I got it. Sorry for the trouble, Yashiro. How can I make it up to you?" Hanako smirked in a devilish manner.

Nene stood still, stunned. The always-smiley and cheerful Hanako just now looked kind of...hot. My god, Nene! Stop it, he's a stranger!

"It's cool," Nene smiled.

"Ah, Yashiro-san," Akane tapped her shoulder, "did you fell asleep on the couch?"

Right. She did. If she hadn't done so, she wouldn't know that Hanako was gone. Thank heavens, she did.

"Please take the bedroom. I thought there were more bedrooms here."

"But the bed is for two. It would be better if you sleep there. The couch is comfortable enough." She smiled.

"I insist and I don't take no for an answer. Hanako doesn't even ne-"

"Just take the bedroom, Yashiro," Hanako tapped her shoulder.

Nene knew there's no use in debating, so she went off to her bedroom, falling deep in sleep.