Onyll had to grip his hands to stop them from trembling. "If that was so, then she must want it back for a reason."

"Like what?" Oxar demanded. He couldn't control his voice from raising because the fear still lingered inside him.

"Whatever reason she has, every strong flame sorcerer and sorceress are in danger," said Onyll with gritted teeth. "We have to warn the emperor and everyone!"

Oxar was against that idea. "If we returned to the emperor like this, he'll execute us without mercy."

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Dandrev asked.

Dandrev was hoping for an answer from Oxar and Onyll when the two answered in unison, "I don't know."

♕♕♕

CIRA DREW OUT her essence from her body and enveloped them around the injured Xeke. In an instant, Xeke felt better and stopped coughing blood.

"Are you okay?" Cira asked Xeke as she helped him get up.

Xeke looked at the inn's roof where the general and the former general were fighting fiercely. "Sorry. I'm not much of a help."

Cira guided Xeke away from the fighting. "We did our best, and anyway, your skill is more on agility and stealth. You can't win against brute force. We have to go and meet Her Highness."

But before they could step forward, a war hammer traveled toward them with a speed of lightning. Luckily, before it even hit them, a transparent shield appeared, blocking the war hammer.

"Go. I'll take care of him," said Zassia's grandfather. "Take care of my granddaughter!"

Cira and Xeke both nodded and left hurriedly. The general kept attacking them to stop their escape, but the defense of Zassia's grandfather was indomitable, making them feel safe and secure as they get away.

And then the moonrite stone inside Cira's satchel started glowing, the light seeping out from her satchel. Her heart hammered inside her chest as they tried to escape. She was thinking of Her Highness; she was praying hard that Her Highness was away from the city like planned.

Her highness said she wanted to draw someone out. Who? Cira didn't know. The queen didn't tell her. Even when she asked, the queen was silent.

Meanwhile, Xeke, who was behind Cira, hissed when he saw the glow from Cira's satchel. He immediately understood what was happening and cursed to himself.

The sorcerers?! I thought that darn asshole who dragged me into this mess already took care of them?!

Xeke clicked his tongue and continued protecting Cira, not that she needed protection while running away. She could protect herself just fine, shooting the soldiers with precision without no problem.

Xeke sighed. Why am I even worried?

Xeke used his dagger to teleport himself to Grath who was still surrounded by soldiers. "Let's go." Then Xeke teleported back to Cira.

From meters away, Xeke heard a loud roar from Grath, and fire exploded in his direction. After a few minutes, Grath was able to follow after Cira and Xeke.

Soldiers were running after Cira, Xeke, and Grath, but that didn't slow them down. With Cira's bow and arrow, Xeke's dagger, and Grath's flame, bulldozing their way out was no problem.

Xeke looked back as they ran out of the city's gate and clenched his jaw when he saw the flame sorcerers advancing and their fireballs chasing them. Unconsciously, he formed a staircase with his dagger; he only realized it when he saw Cira using his daggers to soar into the air.