Christmas eve (part 1)

TW: SLIGHT MENTION OF A BAD DAD

Sorry that I haven't made just a fluff oneshot, I basically only know how to write angst that has fluff at the end-

In this Devon's mom adopted Jake :]
(Her name is Kim, if you didn't know)
_________________________________

"Why is there a tree in the corner of the living room, and why are you guys decorating it?" Jake asked, confused; confused why they would put a tree in the living room.

They turned their heads towards Jake, questioning what he meant.

"What do you mean? It's Christmas eve." Devon replied, a ornament string delicately hanging in between his index finger and thumb. Kim looked at him Sympathetically, wondering why he could be confused on why they were decorating the tree.

Many major events has occurred in Jake's life recently, so he wouldn't have any time to worry about Christmas, but who would forget it? Besides, if you don't celebrate.

"Have you ever done Christmas stuff before?" Kim questioned, trying to understand what he meant. Jake thought; thought about if he had ever celebrated Christmas in his life before, him being able to recall a few memories.

"I can recall when I was about four opening up some presents, my mom bought me something I had really wanted, though I can't remember what it was. But when I was six, my dad said I was too old for Christmas, so I never did stuff about it after that, I guess I forgot what you do for Christmas."

Devon looked at Jake sympathetically; anger forming in his body, what the fucks wrong with his dad? Why even do Christmas if you're just going to tell your child that they're to old now? Especially if they're a child, that is still very young.

Tears beginning to form in the corner of Jake's eyes, this making Devon and Kim carefully place down the ornaments and walk towards him; Devon's arms being wide opened. He wraps his arms around Jakes waist, holding him tightly.

Jake buries his head into Devon's neck, just standing there, accepting the embrace. His nose becoming filled with the smell of freshly baked sugar cookies and vanilla; vanilla being a normal scent that he smelled when he was close to Devon, the smells making him feel nostalgic in a way.

"Jake, would you like to help us decorate the tree and help make our gingerbread house?" Kim softly asked, being careful to not trigger anything for him to become more of a crying mess then he already was. This question making Jake perk his head back up, excitement glimmering in his eyes.

Devon removes his arms away from Jake's waist, turning his body towards his mom, a smile forming across his face, this contradicting his teary eyes.

"Really? Are you sure you want me to help?" Kim shakes her head in the motion of yes; Jake's face lightening up with pure joy, he hasn't done anything Christmas-e related for years, him being nervous and excited.

What if he does anything wrong?
What if he doesn't decorate the tree correctly?
What if he doesn't decorate the gingerbread house good enough?
What if he ruins the day for everyone?

"JAKE!" Somebody yelled towards him, the yell making him get out from his mind, and back to reality. "You okay Jake?" The person questioned, worry lacing in their voice, them seeming genuinely concerned for him.

"Oh- um, yea, yea I'm okay." Jake shakily responded, trying his best for his voice to sound normal; knowing that he probably didn't do great, but at least he attempted at it.

Noticing that he's being supported by Devon having his left arm wrapped around his waist, and the other holding his shoulder in place, maybe in case he fainted.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jake shook his head in the motion of no, Devon and Kim, knowing that he wouldn't want to talk about it at this very moment, most likely never wanting to talk about it ever. They both just shook their heads, indicating to Jake that they understood.

(Time skip)

Jake grabbed a green, shiny, delicate ornament, the gold colored string being held tightly by his thumb and index finger, being careful to not drop it. He wanted to avoid being yelled at for breaking something, more specifically, an important ornament.

He walks towards the tree; looking for the perfect spot to place the ornament, not wanting to place it in a spot that neither Devon or Kim wanted it to be in. Jake begins shaking, feeling pressure towards placing the ornament anywhere, him feeling like they'll both be annoyed in anywhere he chooses.

Picking a place to put the ornament on, he places it there, wondering if he chose the correct placement. He backs away from the tree, seeing where the ornament was; he realized that he had no reason to worry about where he placed it.

This making Jake feel proud, proud of himself. He hasn't felt that for a long time.
____________________________________

THIS WAS SO LATE AHHHH
I WAS MEANT TO POST THIS EARLIER TODAY BUT I HAD TO DO STUFF 😨

I HAD TO RUSH THIS LOL

869 words =D
(Sorry it's shorter then usual)