Consequences (5)

Mia's POV:

'We have to go to Vienna.' I said and Steve nodded.

'Let's get out of here.' I said. I went back to my room and changed into jeans, a shirt and a leather jacket. I had my gloves on as usual and put my hair in a ponytail. I got a cap and sunglasses out. I knew I would need those. After that, I put my phone, my cap, sunglasses, and a small wallet in my back pack. I went back down and checked out of the hotel. After that, I called Steve and tole him to meet me where the jet was kept. After Steve, Sam and me reached the jet. I went to the pilot seat and started flying towards Vienna. After we reached. We left our bags in the jet and reached the crime scene. Sam and me were in a restaurant while Steve talked to Nat.

'She tell you to stay out of it?' I asked as I drank my coffee once Steve came in.

'Might have a point.' Sam said.

'He'd do it for me.' Steve said.

'1945 maybe. I just want to make sure that we've considered all our options. The people that shoot at you, usually end up shooting at me.' Sam said, smirking. Just then, Sharon came to us.

'Tips have been pouring in since the footage went public. Everybody thinks that the Winter Soldier goes to their gym. Most of its noise. Except for this.' She said, passing a file to Steve.

'My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now so that's all the head start you're gonna get.' She said.

'Thank you.' Steve said.

'You're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight.' She said and walked away. We three went to a secluded area and read the file.

'He's in Bucharest.' I said. We got the jet ready and flew to Bucharest. Steve and Sam had changed in their suits. I put the plane on autopilot and went out of the cockpit.

'Just keep an eye on the controls.' I said and went in the bathroom to change into my suit. After that, we landed the plane in a secluded area and left it there. There was hardly any fuel left so we wouldn't be able to use it again. Sam waited outside the building while Steve and me went in.

'There're not many things here, are there?' Steve asked when we looked around the house.

'Well, if you're running from HYDRA, and multiple governments, you don't tend to have much stuff. You also don't keep much incase you need to escape. Trust me, I would know.' I said.

'Heads up, German Special Forces heading from the south.' Sam warned us. Steve was looking at a diary Buck had written. It looked like it had pieces on memories in it.

'Understood.' I said. Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me and I turned around.

'Steve.' I said softly. He turned around and we saw Bucky, looking at us. 

'Do you know me?' Steve asked. 

'You're Steve. I read about you in a museum.'

'They've set the perimeter.' Sam told us in comms.

'I know you're nervous, and you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying.' Steve said, putting the diary down.

'I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore.' He said.

'They're entering the building.'

'Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And. they're not planning on taking you alive.' I said.

'That's smart. Good strategy.' Bucky said. 

'They're on the roof, I'm compromised.' Sam said.