Chapter 21: 'Odalia'

( ⚠ TW ⚠: Parental Abuse)

This chapter is fluffy besides one part trust me.

3rd Person POV:

Until they were ready to meet Boscha at the mall, Luz and Amity stayed inside. Amity was starting to feel a bit better, but still had headaches. The only time Luz left her side was to get snacks from downstairs or to use the restroom.

Luz had always been a natural caretaker. With her mom being a nurse, she would learn a thing or two from her. Even before then, she would make sure any living thing she put her hands on was alive and well. She had an interest in gardening when she used to be younger.

"Are you comfortable? Is anything hurting?" Luz asked Amity. Amity smiled, "For the hundredth time, yes, I'm ok Luz," She said. "Sorry, I just want to make sure you're alright," Luz apologized. "I appreciate it Luz, but you don't have to worry, I'm not in any pain," Amity said. 

"But you'll tell me if you are, right?" Luz asked. "Of course, I will," Amity responded. "Ok," Luz said softly as she hugged Amity, she didn't want to see her girlfriend in any pain. Amity smiled and hugged Luz back, she couldn't think of anything more perfect.

~~~

"Amity, wake up, Boscha texted you," Luz said as she slightly nudged the Blight awake. "Huh?" Amity said confused at first. "Boscha, she said she'll be ready to go as soon as we are," Luz said. Amity sat herself up to see Luz alright dressed in the cutest outfit she's ever seen. "I'm already good to go, but I'll wait for however long you need," Luz said with a smile.

Amity felt embarrassed that she was sleeping and still in her pajamas, so she instantly got up. "I'll be fast I promise," Amity said as she gathered some clothes she thought would be good together. It was cold outside, so she had to be cozy.

"Take as much time as you need, I don't mind," Luz said, sitting on the bed. Amity gazed at Luz for a bit. 'You're so sweet,' She thought, but couldn't say. "Amity?" She heard Luz ask. "Yeah," Amity said back. "You like what you see?" Luz said with an eyebrow raised.

Amity was taken aback. "No..I-I mean yes...I mean...shut up," She said to Luz as she left the room with a giant blush on her face.

Amity got dressed in the restroom, it only took her a few minutes to get ready. She walked back in and saw Luz laying down. "Boscha's on her way, so we can just chill 'til she gets here," Luz smiled. Amity smiled back and laid down next to her. 

"Hey Amity, can I ask you something?" Luz asked. "Yes, of course," Amity replied. "You can totally not answer this, but I'm just curious," Luz said cautiously. Amity was concerned but nodded.

"What happened between you and your mom?" Luz said.

Amity gasped a bit and sat up, pulling away from Luz. "Why do you need to know?" She said a little defensively.

"I'm just curious, really," Luz said.

Amity stayed silent for a bit, and as if planned, a notification showed up on her phone from Boscha.

"Boscha's outside, let's head out," Amity said softly as she got up. Before she walked away, Luz lightly grabbed her wrist, making her turn back. "I'm sorry if that made you mad, I didn't mean it to," Luz apologized.

Amity could see it was a genuine apology, "I'm not mad...we'll talk about it after, ok?" Amity gave her girlfriend a small smile. Luz returned it and they both got up to go downstairs. The two connected hands as they met Boscha out the gates of the Manor.

"What the heck guys, I was all alone," Boscha said, her arms shooting up. "I bet you and Willow had a great time at school without us though," Amity joked. She saw Boscha turn a bright red, "You two aren't any better, I bet you were making out all day!" She exclaimed as they all started walking.