"Oh my god!" She squealed. "He so likes you!"  

"You don't even know him, Zoé," I laughed without thinking. "So you couldn't possibly tell whether or not he likes me. He's honestly the most confusing person I've ever met."   

Zoé heaved a sigh, as if everything that was wrong in the world with men rested on her shoulders. "My dear, dear Marinette, cleary you have much more to learn about boys if you're just now beginning to think that they're confusing."  

I snorted out a laugh. "Right, Zoé. Okay." 

"Details, Mari, details," She said, snapping her fingers. "I need them."  

"There's not much to tell," I said as easily as I could manage. "We just started hanging out over break. That's about it."  

"Just hanging out?" Zoé said, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Just hanging out!"  

Well, apart from the time where we made out in the kitchen of his grandma's house. But that was about it.  

"The look on your face says otherwise," Zoé said shiftily, crossing her arms over her chest.   

Please let this bus ride be over soon, please let this bus ride be over soon.

That phrase was going through my head like a mantra over and over again while Zoé continued to give me a look that made me feel like I was standing underneath a hot spotlight.   
Fortunately for me, the bus came to a squealing stop a moment later, before Zoé could interrogate me any further. I jumped to my feet and quickly fought my way off the bus through clumps of people. Zoé wasn't far behind, following suit, and I had a feeling she wasn't about to let this subject drop in the near future. Considering her tenacious attitude, it was bound to have happened sooner or later.  

"Mar! Hey, wait up, Marinette!"   

I turned and waited impatiently for Zoé to catch up with me through the clumps of people on the bus, while she continued to look like a lunatic.   

"I don't understand why you're getting so worked up over this, Zoé," I told her as we fought our way up the stairs. "It's not like you even like Adrien, anyway. You've made your opinion on him perfectly clear."   

"So?" Zoé snorted. "I've been waiting for you to actually have some sort of involvement with a guy ever since I met you. I could care less who the guy is."  

I gave her a raised eyebrow look. "Thanks, Zoé." 

Zoé scoffed and rolled her eyes, giving me another shove. "Oh, you know what I mean, Mari."  

Funnily enough, I suppose I did.     

Things seemed to be falling back into our normal routine between Zoé and I as we headed towards school. I continued to stand around like an idiot while Zoé blabbed on and on about how her break went, what new things she got and how thankful she was for them,  the usual.

Zoé didn't seem to mind so much, as she didn't see anything was wrong. I was "Hmm"ing and "Ah"ing at the appropriate times, so apparently that was good enough for her. But truth be told, my mind was on other more important matters, rather than Zoé's new obsession with hightop converse.   

Sometime over the past two days of Christmas vacation, I'd come to the conclusion that I was going to have to talk to Adrien about our kiss, and almost kiss, whether I wanted to or not.

I was a little surprised when Zoé and I walked through the main entrance of the school, being surrounded by other teens that looked just as enthused and ecstatic about starting school back as we did. I'd been so caught up in my own thoughts that I hadn't even been paying attention to where my feet were carrying me.