Friends to lovers- Sakusa

Start from the beginning

"You sound like a mom."

"Ha, ha, very funny. But seriously it's not good to push yourself so far, you've always been the kind person who wants the best for everyone around you. And I really do admire that about you. But please, you won't be able to help anyone if you can't take care of yourself, either. There is a reason they tell you to put on your own oxygen mask before help out others when your on a flight."

"I know."

"Good. Also remember it's okay to cancel appointments if you're not feeling well."

"But I wanted to come today."

"But if you were tired you could've texted me, we could have rescheduled the whole game night thing to another day. Don't get me wrong, as much as I enjoy spending time with you, playing games and so on. Your own health comes first, I want you to promise me something. If you're ever too tired to hang out, you text me, consel, got it?"

"Uh, I will try."

"Oh for god sake."

"Asahi isn't here."

"Y/n. Promise me, I'm not letting you leave here before you promise me."

"Is that a threat?"

"Yeah, that is a threat."

"Oh, what must I do?"

"You're a little shit, you know that?"

"I promise."

"Good, and you better keep this promise. Or else... yeah, I'm not going to finish that sentence. Here, drink more water." You did as told, smiling at him after. "Is that better?"

"Yes, Omi. Thank you."

"Sorry I'm being so... strict with you."

"Why are you being strict if you don't mind me asking?"

"I don't know, it's just... it's just really difficult seeing someone you love not taking care of themselves and having to stand there next to them watching them get both physically and psychologically hurt over and over. I'll also try my best to help."

"It won't be easy, with the germs."

"Of course it'll be easy. Because I care about you."

"Wait, what did you say?"

"What did I say? Seriously, did you just hear me?"

"No, about seeing someone you love get hurt, part."

"What? No. I didn't not say that."

"Yes you did."

"I am very certain that I did not at all use the word love."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I think I remember what I said more than you would. It was me who said it after all. Uh, yeah, that makes sense."

"Are you sure?"

"You know what? I can't be bothered to be arguing with you right now."

"So, I was right?"

"No, that does not mean that you're right."

"Uh-huh."

"Hm, okay. Fine, maybe I did say love."

"As a friend?"

"As a friend? You think I'd be all awkward and try to explain it and deny it if I actually loved you as a friend?"

"No?"

"No, exactly. There are definitely some stronger feelings there."

"How long have they been there?"

"Well, I don't know exactly how long, it's really difficult to answer. It's like, I don't know. Just the moment we started talking, you've constantly been a good person in every single way. You have all these good qualities that I just really appreciate. It wasn't really anything pacific about you. Or anything pacific that you did. It was just like an accumulation of all those small qualities that just eventually made me wake up in bed one day and I just thought, yeah. I love her. And I just didn't want to risk the friendship."

"I do." He looked up at you confused.

"What? You do?"

"Yes, I want to risk our friendship, Omi."

"Does that mean that... we, you know... are we together? Like a couple?"

"Do you want to be?"

"I mean, yeah. That is what I want. Is that what you want?"

"It is."

"Okay good, then we're in agreement." You looked at him and sighed.

"Um, Omi?"

"Hm?"

"Is it okay... if I want to kiss you?" He looked at you in shock before sighing, scooting closer to you.

"It is. I've been wanting to kiss you for a while now... even my germaphobia agrees." You shook your head before bringing his mask down, taking in the sight of him, he's so handsome without his mask. He cupped your cheek hesitantly, "sorry still a germaphobe," he told you softly.

"It's okay." Once he was an inch away, you spoke again, "you know, it's actually safer to kiss?" He smirked at your question, nodding his head before placing his lips on yours. You sighed into it scooting closer to the boy.