Knocked The Wind Out Of Me

Start from the beginning

"[Y/N], what are you doing?!" They squeaked, reaching down to stop my hands from moving up further. "What-"

Grabbing onto the leather handle, I pulled out their paring knife from her sheath that she always had on her, after I had forced them to carry it just in case. Luckily, they had listened. Mumbling a thanks, I walked away towards Ash. My ears caught the breath of relief Hange had released.

Pinching the shivered rope, I inserted the paring knife into the middle, easily cutting the rope in half. I hummed in satisfaction, petting Ash lovingly as I cut away the rest of the rope that was attached to him. Passing the knife back to Hange. They had been unusually quiet as I did my thing, but I didn't question it, since it seems that they were lost in thoughts. I held onto Ash's leash and led him away from Angela's house. I nudged Hange with my shoulders as I passed them.

"Come 'on Hange."

They snapped out of their daze and ran to catch up to me. Hange turned their head to glance back at Angela. Arms over her shoulder, I slowed down a bit so we were walking the same pace.

"Don't look back."

They gulped, nodding their head in understanding. I hummed, greeting Hange's horse with a pat on his head. He nuzzled against the palms of my hand. Grabbing the reigns, I mounted my horse. Waiting silently for Hange to get on theirs.

"Squad leader Hange! We haven't found any clues that Sergeant was around this area! Should we move-" He lowered his head at me. "It seems like you had found her."

Hange hummed, "Yes I had. Gather all the troops were going back to the headquarters."

The male quickly nodded, riding away to tell the great news. Hange mounted their horse with a grunt. The brown leather reigns in their hands, she snapped it and rode it down the trail. I rolled my eyes as I patted Ash on the head. A signal for him to start moving, which he did and in no time, we had already caught up to Hange. Who had slowed down, since they thought that they had lost me? But jumped when they spotted me next to them when they whipped their head around to check.

"You can't outrun me." I chuckled, proud at the fact that I was able to catch up to them in a heartbeat. "I'm so talented."

Hange clicks their tongue, "Yeah I get it. It the unstoppable [Y/N] I'm facing. Oh, whatever should I do?" They exclaimed dramatically, leaning back so much that it looked like they were going to fall off.

"Hey be careful." I pulled them up by the arms, "Don't want you to tumble off."

"Awe!" They led their horse closer to mines and pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you so much! So don't disappear like that ever again. I was worried."

Awkwardly patting them on the back, we continue to stroll down the path. The more we rode, the more the scenery looked familiar. Until we arrived at Headquarters. The unkept grass, that no one cared about to tend. Vines spread to the fences, making the whole place more depressing than it already was. Though, sometimes me and Mike took turns on cutting the grass to make it look more aesthetic and appealing. Unfortunately, it seems like either of us has enough time in our hands to start cleaning.

"Headquarters looks more depressing than it used to be..."

Hange hummed, glancing at me from the corner of their eyes. "Without you and Levi here, everything just got more and more messier." I nodded, "Would you look at that. We're here!"

"You seem as energetic as ever." I unmounted my horse, holding his reigns as we walked down the trail to the stables to put our stallions away. "Oh, yeah. You're excited about catching that female titan."

The sudden reminder made them pout. They sent a harsh chop to my neck, "All because you we had to delay the plan to tomorrow! I could've saw the titan with my own eyes again!" Hange whined nonstop at the thought of delaying their reunion with the female titan. Shooting me an ugly look.

"Damn, I'm sorry-"

All the sudden someone kick me in the guts. I winced, stumbling back at the sheer force they had used. My back hit the walls of the stables and my hands flew up to cover my mouth. Knowing to well when I started coughing that I was hacking up blood. The burning sensation in my stomach churned as I arched over, spitting the blood on the ground. Feeling a bit dizzy, not knowing if it was the kick or the alcohol I consumed last night.

Blinking, I glanced around, but only black dots appeared in my vision. I felt a hand on my shoulder and a lot of shouting. Though, that wasn't relevant cause I was trying my best to stay conscious. My body just wasn't having it. Going in and out of consciousness. I was too tired to keep fighting so why don't I let myself rest, so I stopped fighting. I could feel myself fall, hitting the ground before I blacked out.

[A/N]:

Ayo! What's up, just a reminder to take care of yourself.

If you didn't eat today, go and do it. If you didn't drink water today, go and drink some. Remember to stay safe.

Selfcare all the way. I'm watching you.