II. Bones

[the dark moon]

chapter two - "bones"

After being let go, Angelina stood in between Malia and Lydia, leaning against her brothers Jeep. They were currently waiting for Scott, who was being threatened by Araya, so they could finally get out of this town. It was a place Angelina didn't want to be in any longer, she wasn't even there that long before she got attacked and imprisoned.

"I almost got killed," Angelina said looking over to Lydia. "I guess we were right," She shrugged playfully and chuckled.

Stiles, not liking her joke, swung his arm in front of Malia and slapped Angelina in the arm. "I said, I almost, not I did," She defended herself.

"So, what now?" Stiles turned to face the other way and asked, walking over to Scott.

"She thinks she knows where we can find Derek," He said meeting Stiles.

Malia scoffed. "Is she gonna tell us where?"

"Yeah, I kind of want to sleep in my bed tonight, not on the hard floor," Angelina added.

"Actually, she's giving us a guide," Scott replied, almost confused at what he just said himself.

Before anyone could ask any more questions, a motorcycle pulled around the corner, driving towards the group of teens. When they parked, the person took off their helmet to reveal a woman with scars.

"You know her?" Stiles asked tapping Scott's arm once he saw the look of recognition on his best friends face.

"Braeden," Scott answered.

"Who's Braeden?" Kira asked. When the dark skinned girl had come to Beacon Hills, the Kitsune hadn't arrived yet, only months later did she, barely missing each other.

"She's a mercenary," Lydia said.

"Right now, I'm the only one who is going to take you to La Iglesias," Braeden said to Scott.

"The Church?" Lydia asked, giving her a look.

"What's The Church?" Stiles asked, not having a single clue on what she was saying.

"Probably where we are going to die," Angelina whispered into Malia's ear, earning glare from Scott.

"It's not a place you'll find god," Braeden responded instead, hopping back onto her bike and leading them out.

The youngest in the pack laid across the older girls in the back, her head towards Kira and her feet on Lydia's lap. The whole car ride had been in silence, not a single word uttered. Following right behind Braeden as she led them through Mexico.

Malia leaned forwards, over Angelina's legs. "Okay, I'll ask," She spoke, breaking the silence. "Who's Kate Argent." Angelina glanced up from where she was previously looking at her chipped nails, out of all questions, Malia had to ask one that hurt to talk about.