"Roselia would be the worst empress. Our fortune would be cut half by our second year of marriage." The blond one smirked half heartedly.

"Fair. Siblings aren't always the same aren't they." Morgana said "Sometimes one's a shiny diamond and another one's a lump of coal."

Anastacius had the feeling she wasn't talking about the Judith sisters.

'At this rate, YOU will be the lump of coal.' Carax snickered.

"Agreed." He nodded anyway TO HIS MOTHER. "And mother, how's father been these days?"

"Oh he's been sick here and there, coughing out blood and sweating floods." Clearly his mother didn't really give a damn about what's going on with his father's health. "I'm taking on all the paperwork you see."

She pointed her chin towards the thick stacks of paper on her desk.

"If you're worried you could go visit him." She finally said.

"No I don't want to." Her son shrugged as he got up "I won't take up anymore of your time, mother. Good day."

He exited.

--

Claude entered the Judith's mansion with Felix and a somber face. The butler was surprised but he gladly led the two boys towards Penelope's room.

"M'lady?" He asked, knocking on the door.

--

I was reading a bunch of newspapers about Obelia's capital, trying to get ahead on the actualities and familiarize myself with the older events when the butler interrupted me.

"M'lady?" He asked at the door.

"Hmm?"

"You have guests!" He sounded excited.

"But I invited no one today." I said, perplexed.

"Well we invited ourselves!" I heard Claude's irritated voice as he barged in angrily, nearly breaking my door.

"Oh okay-" The butler retired. "Never mind manners..."

Claude looked mad for some reason. Felix stood behind him, waving at me in little gestures. His face expressed a very clear: Idk what I'm doing here but hiiiiiiii!

"You." Claude pointed at me angrily "You fell into cold water?!?!"

Why does he make it sound like I did it on purpose?! Like what did I even do wrong?!

"Uhm yes." I shrugged "So?"

"SO!!? How dare-"

"Hey hey hey I didn't even get hypothermia! Chill, Claude!!" I said "Everything is A-okay!!"

"EVERYTHING IS ABSOLUTELY not A-OKAY!!! You asked my brother not to tell me anything?!?! What were you going to do, keeping this to yourselves?!" He was really furious at me. "I was your fiancé I was entitled to know whenever you get in trouble!!!"

"Well-..."

"Well?!" He was very anxious to hear what I had to say.

"Well." I had nothing to say. "You do look pretty mad."

"Of course I'm mad." He said more calmly "You could've died!"

"But I didn't." I said as I got up "Calm down! I didn't fall on purpose!"

"No I know you didn't. I know Meredith pushed you. She won't do it again." He huffed with the same attitude. Gee what a kid.

"Uhm...Why?" I asked, fearing the worse.