𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

Start from the beginning

She was his wife, a major's wife.

The picture of a giant plate of gol gappe came in front of her eyes. Maya could fill her mouth watering at just the thought of the heavenly food. Seems like her baby loves chatpatta, street food.

"Don't worry, mama ki jaan. Your wish is my command." She patted her belly and got up slipping her slippers in her cold feet. She went downstairs and opened the fridge. She checked if there was any chaat but there wasn't.

She checked every cupboard but didn't find what she wanted. She wanted to eat Aliyaar's special made chaat. When he was here, they would always sneak out of the room late at night and he would prepare his special chaat as he calls it. It felt like they were two teenagers who were committing a huge crime.

"Ughh, what do I eat now ?" Her eyes started to welled up. Since her pregnancy she has become much more sensitive on small things. Hence, the fact that she couldn't feed her baby with what he deserved made her cry.

She sat on the chair near the table and cried with her head buried in her arms. "Maya beta ?" She heard her mother's soothing voice.

"Why are you crying meri jaan ?"  She came and sat beside her crying daughter who hugged her like a child who found his long lost mother.

"Mama, your grandchild wants to eat some chaat but there is none." May complained with a pout, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"So what ? I will make sure good chattpata chaat for my grandchild !" She palmed Maya's non existent baby bump and whispered.

"I love you mama !" Maya hugged her and emotionally said.

"I love you too meri jaan. Come on I will make your chaat."

Both mother and daughter duo started to have a heart-to-heart conversation. "It's been long we've had a proper conversation." Hira - her mother - stated taking out the yogurt from the fridge.

"Totally agree on this, I've been so busy with my marital life and you were busy with baba since I am not here anymore." Maya teased her mother with a wink.

"Hatt besharam, I was busy with Mirhan. I am looking for a suitable partner for him. He is twenty five and it's time we get him married as we've done your rukhsati already." She took the turmeric sauce and samosas and started to mix everything.

"Yes, what about my friend? The one you love so dearly because she is soft speaking and kind-hearted."

"Noor ul Ain ? I really like her. She has such a nice soul. I was also thinking about her. I will talk to Mirhan about his opinion and then we will see." Noor Ul Ain was a beautiful girl and a very good friend of Maya since childhood. Hira had seen her grow up into a beautiful lady and she would loved to make her her daughter-in-law.

By now, she was finished with the chaat. She gave the heavenly food to her daughter who ate it and moaned with the heavenly taste of it.

~ ~ ~

Four months. Four months of loneliness. Four months she has been missing him dearly. She was now four months pregnant. Maya was loosing all hope little by little. She had no idea where he was or what he was doing. What was the painful thing was that she didn't even know if he was still breathing or not. She prayed day and night, cried of in sujood in front of the Almighty to not take her husband and the father of her baby away from them.