"There's no way you're giving me the power for free," Eden frowned, crossing her arms. "What do you want? As long as it has nothing to do with that bull man again . . ."

"No, you've already dealt with him enough, I presume." He said, and she remembered when Piper told her about the stupid cornucopia.

"Sometimes, I can barely feel it. Like, I forget about it. And sometimes, it feels as if I'm carrying, like, an elephant or something."

Every time Eden had reassured her that she'd done nothing wrong. It's never your fault. It was Hercules's.

"I need you to do something for me," Hercules said, and Eden stiffened. "I want you to break into a museum and grab a couple of things for me."

"Say what?" She snorted. "There's no way you're just giving me that."

"I know how it feels to be played with," he said, and Eden wanted to cry. God, why were they so similar? "Unless you want me to make you sing a song or something . . ."

Eden did have new music, but not a guitar or a piano, so she bit her tongue.

"What am I getting for you?" she asked him.

"Just some odds and ends." That wasn't an answer, but alright. "Just . . . go."

"Don't wanna see my pretty face?" Eden rolled her eyes, but then her vision tunneled.

* * *

She didn't even end up at the fucking place. So then she'd had to carjack some rich person's car and drive off. She did almost get caught, but what was the thrill of the chase if not for close calls?

At least the music was good. But then again, it was a rich person's car. Of course they had good shit in here.

Eden bopped along to Green Day, as an ode to Thalia, as she drove from Miami to Austin. She didn't really want to go on a plane, because Zeus could and would fucking kill her in a heartbeat, and she just wanted to get to Piper.

Which meant getting some power. Yippee. Eden loved power.

Anyway, she'd made a pit stop in the middle of literally nowhere because she needed to pee really fucking badly. And when she'd come out, there was a dog on top of her car.

So, naturally, Eden had pet the dog. And then he'd ( she checked the gender, don't worry ) became her best friend in that instant. What a cute bullmastiff.

Now? They were vibing on their roadtrip. The dog ( Eden had named him Moose, because she liked moose. Mooses. Meese? Whatever. Did she need another explanation? ) jumped from the passenger seat, where she pulled down the window and let him drape his body out, and the back seats where he slept while she drove through Alabama and Mississippi.

He was a good dog. Eden wanted him, but she knew that she couldn't keep him after this. Maybe she'd ask Hercules to bring him to camp so that Connor could take care of him. At least until Piper got back, because there's no way that Eden would let her die. Then she'd take care of him.

Moose also protected her while she was sleeping. He also made for a good blanket, when he'd lay down on her. She didn't mind the fact that she had to feed him. Or when he'd bark right in her ear when the monsters attacked.

Eden didn't want to talk about the monsters. They were hideous. And she beat them easily. And Moose had helped her with them, because he was a good boy.

Two days later, because she hadn't wanted to drive at night, they'd finally made it to Austin, where the museum was.

And sure, Leo was from Houston, but Eden wondered why he was nostalgic for this. Despite that she was in a different city.