Chapter 26

A little past noon.

Lapel and Lizelle were out in the garden after partaking their meals. It was the first time after a long time while because Lizelle could not go anywhere due to her sprain.

Although the air occasionally wafted in through the large windows of the mansion, the freshness of the wind that hit her body was different.

Werazel spent her time in the garden or walking with Lapel almost every day since they started living with the duke. That was all she could do here as a guest.

It was because Chester forbade them from doing anything else, saying it was dangerous if they go out.

So after having been walking or spending time in the garden for more than two weeks, suddenly being stuck in her room for the last few days made her feel like she was dying.

"Now, I feel alive."

"Did you feel stuffy in the mansion?"

"Really, I thought I was in a prison," she sat down comfortably in a chair and chatted with Tia.

Lapel was sitting next to her, nibbling cookies.

"I'm glad you recovered quickly."

"Yes, good thing I only twisted it a little. I must be athletic."

Lizelle laughed, admiring herself.

Thanks to her agile movement, she felt very proud it was her only injury.

"That's right,"

At this, Tia chuckled.

When playing ball with Lapel, she remembered seeing Lizelle panting heavily but she pretended not to notice.

"It's a little cold," Lizelle rubbed her arms with her hands. Perhaps it was a little chilly because the wind kept blowing and the dress she was wearing was thin.

"Shall I bring a fichu?"

Tia asked. Lizelle shook her head and looked at Lapel.

"Lapel, isn't it cold? Would you like to go back to our room?"

"Um..no!"

Like Lizelle, Lapel came to the garden after a long time and so he was enjoying the moment. Besides, they had just been to the garden. He had no intention of going back to his room now.

"Tia, please look after Lapel. I'm going inside."

Lizelle stood up from her seat. A coat was needed to stay a little longer in the garden.

"I'll get it for you."

"It's fine. I'll be right back. I was not allowed to move much during the past few days. I want to do it."

Lizelle stroked Lapel's head while blocking Tia who was trying to leave.

"Raphelion, I'll be right back. Play with Tia."

"Okay!"

Lizelle headed to the room, happy with the fact that Lapel could now interact with Tia and not just her.

After entering the room, she came out with her shawl and Lapel's coat.

And now that she was so used to it, she went down the hallways and stairs like she was in her own house.The mansion, which seemed like it had no end in sight, was big enough to make her want to remove her shoes when she walked, but now she felt kind of used to it. It was now friendly and familiar to her and showed how much she had adapted to the place.

When Lizelle exited the mansion and headed for the garden, a voice came from behind.

"I heard you recovered already."