Chapter 21

There was one book that caught Werazel's attention among the books on the high shelf.

[Make 10 billion shillings with 10,000 shillings]

A book like this can be found in the bookshelf of Duke Halos, the richest man in the Empire?

Maybe this book helped the duke's wealth to build up, right?

She forgot she was playing hide-and-seek for a moment and dragged the ladder at the end of the bookshelf.

She climbed the ladder. When she reached the place it was located, she pulled out the book and a cloud of dust fluttered. It had been a while since anyone read it so it accumulated a lot of dust. She looked at the book in her hand.

[You can get rich too!]

It was a powerful one-liner phrase describing the book.

Let's take a look inside.

Once I pay off the debt by receiving the reward money, I will have 20 million shillings left, so if I could increase that money, I might be able to play and eat forever.

It was at that moment when Lizelle laughed greedily and opened the book. She did not notice the old ladder she was standing on was shaking and was leaning back.

Creak.

"Huh? Huh?!" Surprised, Werazel hurriedly tried to keep her balance, but her body was going backwards with the ladder.

She closed her eyes in fright.

"Ahhhh!"

The moment she was about to fall, she felt a hard arm wrapped around her back and knees.

An 'arm'?

She opened her eyes dazedly.

"Wait! What?!"

When she came to, she saw Chester holding her. Their faces close enough to feel each other's breath.

The moment she was conscious of it, the embarrassed Lizelle struggled to stay away.

"Get me down! Get me down!"

Chester dropped Lizelle on the floor without a frown, even though she might be heavy and was struggling earlier.

Standing on both feet, Lizelle straightened her crumpled dress with her hands several times.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come in, but I was wondering if Lapel was hiding here."

In any case, she was the one who came in without permission, so Lizelle quickly assessed the situation and apologized to him.

"The child has never entered."

Chester was looking at Lizelle with an unsettled expression.

He was looking for a book at the far end of the bookshelf. Then, he suddenly heard some movement, and when he saw her standing on the ladder, she was already falling backwards.

He cannot leave her alone because she could have been seriously hurt, so he immediately caught her from behind..

"Oh, I see... Thanks anyway. Thanks to you, I didn't get hurt."

"..."

"Then, I'll go out."

Lizelle hurriedly turned to get out of this terribly awkward position. She did not intend that to happen and it was pretty embarrassing to be held in his arms.