Chapter 17

Chester was sitting in his office and looking through the documents Lohan handed him over.

"I think it would be difficult to rule this out as a simple incident, too."

In the document, the details and circumstances of the wagon accident his brother suffered were written.

Chester, who has been investigating for a long time since the day he knew of his brother's death, was able to find out that the incident was not just an accident. As Lohan said, there were one or two dubious points that couldn't be dismissed as bad luck.

"I'm afraid someone is determined to do it."

Who and why the hell would kill my brother and his family?

A growl emitted out of Chester's lips. His fists tightened so hard it trembled.

"Who dares..." He was furious and wanted to throw and break the things on his table.

"Maybe the memory of the real Master Raphelion may be an important clue."

Two of the three people in the accident died, and the only survivor was Raphelion. So it was clear that the memory of his nephew and only survivor, Raphelion, would play an important role in catching the killer.

"Okay, go out."

"Yes," the sound of roughly covering the papers rang in the room.

Lohan left the office by killing footsteps to avoid touching the owner's planting as much as possible.

Chester covered his face with his hands and bit his lips until he tasted blood and yet the anger in his heart did not fade. Not one bit.

Somebody targeted my brother. It must have been for the Halos title.

Bang!

As he stood up from his seat, the chair toppled over. Even if it was cold, he thought he'd calm down by getting some air.

He opened the door with force.

As Chester came out of the hallway, the servants who had been wandering were startled, scuttered over and immediately gave way.

"I'm sick of this," he walked down the hall, with a subtly dark look.

Chester knew what rumors were circulating in and out.

"He's an unscrupulous killer who killed his own older brother in order to become the duke."

"The eldest son of the Duke family succeeded the Duke, and the second son, who always followed him aimed for the title."

"How can he stomach standing there pretending to be okay?"

"He did whatever it takes to be the duke."

People spread rumors fast and as they did, Chester became a hypocrite blind to power.

Because of these, the heart of Chester, who cherished and loved his older brother more than anyone else, was trampled recklessly.

These people are full of jealousy and envy.

And so Chester did not react to these, it's useless to explain to them.

However, it only helped inflate the rumors.

"Haaah."

Chester sighed, fed up.

There were all sorts of negative frames around him.

People who pretended to think of him sincerely were only after the Duke Halos and not Chester.