I bit back a sigh as I thought of Zoé and then Alya. One of these days I was going to have to break down and call them, because they was so right. I had such a major thing for Adrien it was absolutely ridiculous.   

I brushed my teeth and my hair and dusted on a light layer of makeup before I grabbed my coat off the back of my desk chair, my cell phone off the bed and my wallet off the desk, and then sprinted from the bakery after grabbing my keys off the coffee table in the living room.   

Whoever out there that ruled the universe must've been feeling particularly fond of me today, since there happened to be a bus that made a stop two blocks over from Linda's house.   

The bus ride felt as if it lasted a good three hours or so, but in reality, ten minutes had passed before the doors slid open as the bus came to a stop. I probably could've afforded to walk the two blocks over to Linda's, but for some odd reason I decided to sprint. I'm sure Parisians on the sidewalks didn't particularly appreciate me barreling my way down the streets, occasionally bumping into people, but I didn't want to be any later to Christmas Eve dinner than I already was. It wasn't exactly the way to make the best first impression.

The curtains were drawn over the windows of Linda's home when I came to a gasping halt in front of the place, gripping the doorknob of the door tightly to keep from falling over. I was definitely going to have to start working out more or something like that because I was most certainly out of shape.   

Just to add to my luck, too, the door swung open a second later and I promptly fell over into the doorway, my face nearly hitting the hardwood floor. Oh, God, this couldn't get any more embarrassing, could it? 

"Do you always make entrances like that? Or is it just for this holiday?"   

I let out a disgusted huff of air and scrambled to my feet, expecting to see Adrien standing there, but much to my horror, it was someone I'd never had the pleasure of meeting before.   

The guy was much taller than I was, and he had the same blonde hair and eyes that Adrien had, which I suspected was a family trait. He looked a lot like Adrien, but his face was more defined, with cheekbones, and he looked rather... fancy.   

"Uh... yeah," I said awkwardly, putting my hands onto my hips. "I thought I'd do that for, uh, suspense or something."  

"Awesome," The guy said with a smirk. "I always knew Adrien would find a keeper." 

"Uh..."   

So the first time I happened to meet one of Adrien's family members, my face was so red it looked like I was sun burnt. Great.

"Félix, what in the world are you doing?"  

Ah, there was that familiar condescending tone I'd missed so much.   

Adrien appeared by the guy called Félix with a scowl in place and then shoved the guy out of the way before he reached out and yanked me into the house, slamming the door shut behind me.   

"And, uh, who is this, Adrien?" Félix asked, tossing an arm around Adrien's shoulders.

"Shut it, Félix," Adrien snapped, jabbing an elbow into his side.    

Was it just my imagination, or did Adrien actually look embarrassed? I mean, he looked insanely handsome in a black button down shirt that was rolled up to his elbows and his hair looked amazing, but there was no denying the fact he definitely looked embarrassed.  

"I'm Marinette," I said, stepping forward with a polite smile.

"So this is Marinette?" Félix said incredulously, his eyebrows shooting up his forehead. "Wow, cous, I thought—"