Chapter 8: The Twilight Date (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Pika." The mouse Pokémon said tiredly.

"Hey Pikachu." He said as he scratched his partner's head. It was peaceful until Gengar came barging in the room with a magazine in his hands. The ghost Pokémon waved it up in Ash's face, which he took to see what it was. His eyes widened as an idea popped up in his head, the magazine was a brochure of a high class restaurant in the heart of Lumiose City. He stared at the brochure for a couple of seconds before reading it out loud for his Pokémon.

"A perfect place to have a date." He read the slogan.

"Luxurious booths complete with full service."

"Perfect for any romantic outing, the food served on a fine plate with the best drinks of all of Kalos." He continued to flip to the next page to see a picture of the champion Diantha holding a wine glass. That made him chuckle a bit. He read about the waiters, cooks, and what the restaurant had to offer. He could tell it was a very fancy restaurant which means it was probably expensive to dine there but Ash also remembered that he is rich from all of his earnings of being a world Monarch.

'Ah the pros of winning a title.' He thought ever so casually. Ash never really liked boasting about his winnings as he wanted to remain humble as he matured over the years. Back when he was a more of a naive kid, he probably wouldn't shut up about it.

Ash continued to search through the paper until the bottom part caught his eye, a phone number with text below it:

"Special guests such as champions will have extra complimentary service with private dining rooms, fixed with entertainment, extraordinary meals, and expensive gifts."

He grinned as he believed he had found a perfect place for dinner with Serena. He thanked his Gengar for delivering an idea for him. The red-eyed ghost smiled even more as it was happy to be of service to his friend and trainer.

__________________________________

Ash took out his Rotom phone and called the restaurant. The phone rang for a few seconds until someone picked up.

"Hello, my name is Théa, I'm the main reservationist and owner at the Grand Lumiose Restaurant. How may I help you?

"Ah yes I'm Ash Ketchum and I would like to place a reservation for two please."

"Wait- Ash Ketchum as the Monarch!?" She stated with disbelief.

"Uh...yes." He replied.

"Such great news! My husband and I would be so delighted to have you here!"

"That's great so...since I'm the world Monarch do I get the special thing like the brochure stated?"

"Yes that is correct and you wanted it for you and one other?" She questioned through the phone.

"Yes, the names for the reservation are Ash and Serena." Ash finished and he could've sworn the lady almost choked at that statement.

"Sorry, but is this Serena....as in...the Kalos Queen Serena?" She coughed.

"Yes."

"Excuse me, let me deal with something real quick sir."

"Ok..?"

It was silent for a few minutes and Ash heard some things fall in the background making him confused at what was going on. He could hear her talking to either herself or someone else but he could tell she was excited nonetheless. Eventually the lady came back on the phone to speak to Ash with more of a professional tone than earlier.

"Alright, reservations for Ash and Serena are in the records, what time would you like to come in?" She asked in a curious tone.

"At around 6 P.M. Ma'am"