She let got and smiled happily before hugging John B, the others joining in for a group hug.

"Outta the way. Touch-starved fiancé comin' through." JJ said, pulling me into his arms and picking me up before setting me down.

"Uh, Ri, mind lettin' go of my boy?" John B asked me as I continued to hug JJ.

"John B, just let her have this moment. It's adorable." Kiara said as she watched with a smile.

"Yeah, man. And I'm not complaining. I missed you so much, daring." JJ said as he buried his face into my neck, lifting me back up in his arms as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

"I missed you too, JJ." I looked back at him and kissed him.

"Totally expected PDA. That's cute." KeKe said, then looked at John B. "How'd you guys get out?"

"They dropped the charges." John B replied.

"So you're telling me I did all that work for nothing?" JJ asked, his arms still around me.

"The most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope asked.

"Foolproof." KeKe said.

"Yeah, actually. It was." He answered.

"Where's Sarah?" John B asked.

I looked over at Kiara as she spoke.

"She went to go see Wheezie last night. She didn't come back." She answered.

———

"So, Sarah just dips and doesn't call?" John B asked when we were hanging out on the docks.

"Yeah, man. She just left her bag. Didn't tell anybody." Pope answered.

"Okay, dude. I really think Ward got to her. I mean, the dude tried to have Riley killed in jail."

"What?" Kiara asked, looking at me as I leaned further back against JJ's chest.

"Yeah. He sent somebody to the prison who yoked her up and almost killed her." John B replied.

"You serious?" KeKe asked.

"Yeah. And I couldn't do anything about it while I was in the other cell." John B said.

"Why didn't you tell me about this, Riley?" JJ asked.

"I didn't want you to worry. Besides, it's over." I replied.

"You didn't want me to worry? Riley, all I've been doing since you and B went to jail has been worrying. I literally couldn't sleep for days because I was pacing and worried about you. KeKe had to wrestle me to the ground to finally get me to sleep. And she won!" JJ exclaimed.

KeKe smiled, remembering that moment and nodding happily. "My life is complete."

"Okay, back to the subject. Do you know who is was?" Pope asked.

"No. But one day I'm gonna kill him. He hurt my baby sister." John B said, sitting down on the peer.

"It's okay." Kiara said.

"No, Kiara. It's not okay. We gotta find Sarah." He replied.

"No, literally, it's okay. She's right there." She said, pointing ahead of her.

Sarah and Topper drove over to us on his boat, steering towards us and stopping by the peer to let her get off.

"John B! Riley! Hi!" Sarah said happily, hugging my brother. "What happened?"