She didn't even close her locker.

She's standing next to Kathryn, talking and laughing with her.

David sighs. It did not take long.

Sarah comes back to close her locker and get whatever else she needs with a smile, saying, "good luck!" before walking away with Kathryn.

"Some help you are!" David calls back half-heartedly.

And now he's alone.

Well, not literally alone. In a school with this many kids, there's always going to be someone around.

But he is on his own.

Okay, I can do this.

Surely there are only so many possibilities in which I can go a wrong direction.

Let's go...that way.

Because that way is his best guess to where his classroom might be.

Turns out he can't find it.

He's lost.

He looks at the number in the classroom he's closest to. Is that the one he's looking for-?

While looking for the right number he isn't looking where he's going. He bumps right into someone. Someone who is tall, and probably annoyed by David, and-

Very, very good looking.

David stares into the stranger's eyes a second longer than he should.

"I-I-I-I'm so sorry," David stutters.

The guy smiles. "Don't worry about it." He looks more amused and surprised at the contact than annoyed.

So this is how Sarah felt when she found Kathryn.

And there's just something about him that David can't put his finger on...

Seems like the guy is having the same feeling about David.

There's a...sense of familiarity...something...strange.

David's going to be late. After muttering an apology one last time, he averts his eyes and continues hurrying on his way.

The fact still hasn't changed that he has no clue where to go.

There are several ways that he can handle this. He can either ask someone if they know where to go, or he can keep trying to figure it out. But it's getting close to the time when class starts, and if there's one thing that gives him anxiety more than anything it's being late to class. Especially at a new school. Especially on a first day at that new school.

So he's going to find help.

He sees two people a little bit away, they look like they could be brothers. They don't give the friendliest outlook, but David could be wrong.

Only one way to find out, really.

He walks up to them. "Excuse me?" he tries to keep any shyness or stammering out of his voice. "Do you know where..." he trails off as they go from unfriendly vibes to actually unfriendly.

"You're new, aren't you?" one of them looks him up and down, look of disdain on his face.

David squares his shoulders. "Yes. And I just want to know where-"

"Do we look like we give out directions?" the guy interrupts. The other guy (who looks too much like him not to be his brother) hasn't said anything yet, but his eyes are just as mean.