Feelings

"Sergio, I..." Tears were rolling down Raquel's face, but Sergio just stood there unable to move. "Look..." She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down a little. "If you don't want to talk to me after knowing this, it's completely fine." She sobbed, not being able to stop crying.

"Is it mine?" Was the only phrase, that Sergio was able to say. He couldn't say anything else even though he wanted to.

Raquel nodded. "You are the only man that I slept with in the past few months." It was more than the past few months, but Raquel didn't want to look like a lonely woman.

Sergio just stood there, breathing heavily. He expected anything to happen, anything, but he didn't expect this at all. The wave of realization hit him. He was such an idiot, he changed her life forever by this stupid mistake. He simply wasn't careful enough, and the fact that he was drunk didn't change the situation. He sought for some chair he could sit on, this was simply too much to take.

"It..." Raquel wiped her tears off. "It's okay if you don't want it." She took a deep breath. "But I love the baby already and I..." She closed her eyes. "And I'm gonna raise it." Tears continued running down her face. The silence which followed was everything that Raquel needed to confirm what she said. She smiled sadly and slowly walked towards the door.

"I..." She stopped as she heard his voice behind her back. "I'm sorry..." He sighed and she turned around, facing him, standing next to her. "I should have been more careful."

"No, no, don't apologize." Raquel smiled through the tears. "Look, it's not your fault."

"Not my fault?" Sergio shook his head. "I was the one who was soberer..." He sighed heavily.

"Whoever fault it is..." Raquel took a deep breath. "It's already done and we can't change it."

"You're right..." Sergio looked into Raquel's teary eyes. "What now?" 

"That depends on you." Raquel wiped her tears off. 

"I want to be part of the baby's life." He smiled kindly. "And of course, yours." 

"I'm happy to hear that." Raquel's sad face slowly started forming into a smile. 

"You see?" He came closer to her. "You're not in this alone, we're in it together." 

"Thank you." She felt his arms wrapping around her as he pulled her into his warm embrace. They stayed like this for a while, she was so happy that this man was the father of her baby. He was so sweet, so caring and she truly believed that he wants to help her. 

"So, what did you want to tell me?" He looked at her as she pulled away from him a little. 

"That what you already know now." She chuckled. 

"Oh." He immediately understood and chuckled as well. 

"I'm just wondering, how does my sister know?" 

"How would she know? She's your sister after all, no?" Sergio asked, confused.

"Well, there aren't many people that know..." Raquel bit her lower lip.

"Wait, who knows?" Sergio raised his eyebrows.

"Me, you, the doctor, my mom, and my best friend." Raquel smiled, and Sergio nodded.

"Oh, and are you planning on telling someone else?" 

"I would wait some time, but if you want to tell anyone you can, I will leave that on you." 

"Alright." Sergio nodded his head in understatement. They stood there in silence for a second. Raquel was so happy that Sergio took it this way, and Sergio was still kinda processing the new information. He couldn't believe he was going to be a father. He hardly thought of any woman in the past and so about kids.