"Which is?" She questioned, crossing her legs and looking up at me expectantly. Behind her, two small willow branches sprouted from her seat and hovered over her shoulders.

Something told me that she was more than willing to use those for more than just show. In fact, there was probably a good chance that the entire pavilion could spring to life if she wanted.

"Well," I said, as I looked up at the branches above me and stepped back, "Let's start with the small fact that Blaise and I are bloody Veelas!" I exclaimed, as I spread my arms out and glared down at her. "And that our mates were both sitting across from us in first period when we found out it was them. Why didn't you tell me anything!?"

She sighed and sat back in her seat, "Well, for starters I tried to tell you, but you didn't let me say anything."

"When!?" I demanded, brushing my hands through my hair, "the only reason I even had a clue was because of Blaise!"

"Oh, it was during the summer," she said, waving me off, "you had just gotten out of the shower and I was waiting for you in your room."

"That's why you were in there!?" I groaned, thinking back to the summer.

"How was I supposed to know you were in the shower?" She snapped,  "it was 3 o'clock  in the afternoon."

"Mother," I said, pressing my hands to my temple, "wanting to discuss my 'body and its changes' doesn't automatically translate to: 'guess what?? You're a Veela!'"

She laughed and crossed her arms, "Oh come on Draco, you had to have noticed the fact that you had changed that much in a single night." She gestured to the tree behind her, "We live in a world with magic and still something like that is considered unusual."

I rolled my eyes and looked over at the garden, "There were so many other chances for you to say something before I had left for Hogwarts. Why didn't you!?"

The ground shifted underneath me, causing me to return my attention back to mother. "Don't forget who you're speaking to Draco," she said, watching me from her seat under the tree. "Your father and I talked about it, and decided it would be better for you to find out for yourself."

"How is it supposed to be any better?"

"For starters," she said, waving her hand and manifesting a small cup of tea, "Imagine how boring it would have been if you had already known you were a Veela coming into Hogwarts."

She took a sip from the silver cup and sighed. "And besides, this is a journey of self-discovery. For you and your mate."

I matched her gaze, "Speaking from experience are we?"

The flowers around the pavilion glowed as she smiled and looked down at her lap, "Your father was so nervous when he first told me."