Chp 9

Draco's Pov

Blaise and I stumbled out of the portrait.

"We will see you guys later," Pansy snapped as she stood in the doorway glaring down at us, "Theo and I are going to have a nice little chat."

The both of us just watched as the door slammed behind us. For a moment, we stood there and waited to see what was going to happen. Any moment, Theo could bust out of this door running with Pansy close behind.

On second thought, maybe it would be safer if the two of us weren't around to find out.

Blaise seemed to have been thinking the same thing, so we turned and started to head to our first class.

"You know, Theo was actually a good guy."

"Yeah," I nodded, "I hope he survives."

We rounded a corner and headed for the staircase. We had Potions first this morning, and thankfully, the classroom is never far from the dungeons.

The smell of food filled our noses as we neared the top of the stairs. Thankfully, breakfast was still going, and we were there in time. I slid into my seat and grabbed a bagel. 

Blaise poured some coffee into his mug and looked out across the room as it was starting to empty a little.

I was never really fond of breakfast, but sometimes the best food in life came in the morning. In fact, I had no idea what a cinnamon roll was, but Theo once made me try one back in 4th year, and it was amazing.

My plate was still empty though.

Hmm.

After a moment of contemplating the risk of trying some of the eggs, I nudged Blaise, "So how do we start looking for our mates?"

He took a big sip of his coffee and sighed. "That's the part I don't know."

"Well, that's just convenient."

He nodded and took a bite into his apple. 

While we ate, we used Legilimens to talk as we looked around at the girls in the Great Hall. Nobody really stood out, and every time someone entered or left the room, we watched and listened for anything strange.

After whatever had happened last night in the doorway of the Great Hall, we weren't trying to get too close to them right away.

Unfortunately, everyone more or less looked the same to us. Every now and again, there were some cute girls, but nothing about them seemed ... special.

Eventually, everyone started filing out of the room. Which meant that classes were about to start soon.