Davis Short POV

"Just fuck her and then, BOOM! We have a new heiress!" Zaxton said and his laugh echoed in my office.

I glared at him, "Watch your fucking mouth bastard." I said and I let my eyes heat like a hungry vampire. Tomorrow is the eclipse, I've been waiting for too long just to see her again.

It's not simple, she's the woman I tressured the most... and I will do everything just to have her... again. Zaxton's fangs slowly showed. I winced as mine slowly came out. I looked at my window glass, full moon...

"Damn it! I smell fresh blood! My mate is already asleep, eh?" he laughed again and In just one snap, he was gone.

I'm trying to control myself from that. I can't... shit! I closed my eyes and opened again. I looked in the mirror and I saw my red eyes. I can't even see my whole face. My jaw clenched. Naamoy ko ang sakaniya. I removed my coat and folded my black sleeve into my elbow.

I opened my window glass, I jumped from the 14th floor of my building. "Hmm... you're good at it, huh?" I stopped when I landed.

It's Gevina from behind.

She's working here, gustong-gusto niya na rito mula nung ikasal ako asawa ko. Well, I can't blame her tho.

I smirked, "Too late." I laughed a bit and ran like a human but my natural ability said 'no'.

"You're too slow, Davis Gideon Calter." She mentioned my whole name and I feel her in my side. I just shook my head.

Every night, every day, every minute. In this human world, is torturing me. Kahit ilang taon pa ang dumaan, hindi pa rin ako nadadala. I still waiting for her... she's my everything but she chooses to——

"Here we go again, you're stalking her." Gevina sarcastically said. We're standing near the tree behind their house. I hope Savannah watching her sister carefully, we both know that Haviannah is still in danger.

I looked at their house, "Shut up, I don't need you here, by the way. And please, I'm not a fan of STALKING. Ikaw ba?" I harshly said. Harsh or not, I don't care. Just don't stop me from whatever I want to do.

"Seriously? Are you still crazy about her? It's been a hundred years that you suffered——"

"I don't care about your words, Gevina!" napahilot ako sa sintido ko. "Just go, please," I begged and I saw her eyes turn red. She left me and I felt relieved.

I looked again at the house. I saw her on her balcony. I smiled when I saw her angelic face, it was all-natural... like before. Behind my wickedness, I still have a weakness.

Her.

She closed her eyes and I know she can't see me. Sa ilalim ng malaking puno, pinagmamasdan ko siya mula sa malayo. "I want to know you again, my wife... I want you beside me, again and again." I whispered.

The strong wind blew and I'm still standing here. My two hands are in the pocket of my pants. Blowing my messy hair, I'm watching her peacefully. I'm always here... and I will do my best to protect her no matter what happens.

Even I'm far from her.

I was shocked a bit when her eyes turned to the tree where I was standing. Kumunot ang noo niya at tumalikod papasok sa kwarto niya. I thought she saw me. I heavily sighed and looked up.

The full moon reminds me of a scene that I don't want to remember again. I closed my eyes and slowly my tears fell into my cheeks.

Choose someone you trust the most, because you don’t know who your enemy is.

***
(Edited. 4/7/24, tomorrow is solar eclipse right? I'm happy that they will meet again. ^^)