Bad Moon Rising part 2

Start from the beginning

Nyssa passes Stefan and Elena asleep on the sofas in the living room and finds Caroline in the kitchen with Matt, she's telling him about everything that's happened since she's been turned.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure, Matt why don't you go find Elena," Caroline tells Matt and he agrees, leaving the two friends alone to talk.

"So what's up?"

"Uh, okay there is no easy way to say this," Nyssa starts

"Oh, you want to know if I peaked? Absolutely and it was VERY impressive," Caroline says assuming Nyssa had wanted to talk about the naked werewolf they currently had locked up.

"No, that's not um. It's about Matt. I... I'm sorry Caroline but I just don't think he's going to be able to handle this. Normally I would mind my business but he could endanger all of us I just don't think it's worth the risk. I think you should compel him to forget everything."

Caroline was surprised by her friend and immediately wanted to fight her and disagree but trying to have better control of her emotions she forced herself to say she'd consider it.

Nyssa could tell Caroline's control was slipping and not wanting to push the young vampire anymore wisely left the kitchen.

Downstairs

Mason was coming to but instead of calling everyone back down, Damon decided to start the interrogation by himself.

"sleep ruff?" Damon so sensitively asks. 

Mason stiffly turned around taking in his surroundings.

"Where am I, did I hurt anyone?"

"You clawed out Matt Donovan's stomach but we got him fixed up and you almost took a bite out of me but my very sexy girlfriend quickly put you down."

Mason hangs his head, "I'm sorry I tried to lock myself up in time but-"

"But what? The full moon came early this month?" Damon says interrupting not buying his excuse.

"Things kept coming up today with Tyler and Carol I tried, I did. So what's the plan, you gonna kill me?"

"Tempting but no, I was outvoted, we just have a few questions and conditions and then you can be on your way," Damon tells him.

"And we is?"

"I'll be asking the questions, and lets start with busting a few myths."

Mason rolls his eyes "why should I tell you anything?"

"Is this your first time being kidnapped? You comply or things get violent, didn't think that needed to be explained."

"I'm a werewolf you piss me off next full moon I kill you, didn't think that needed to be explained," Mason retorts.

"So maybe I don't let you leave,"

"I thought you were outvoted and don't get to kill me."

Damon smirks, "well that's the thing about me, sometimes I just do whatever the hell I want."

Suddenly Damon hears smashing coming from upstairs and quickly races to see what's happening.

He goes into the kitchen to find it nearly completely destroyed.

"What the fuck happened?!"

Caroline is in the center of the room huffing, "I was controlling my emotions," she explains.

"And what a wonderful job you did but Mason is up so time to interrogate."

The two leave the kitchen and catch Mason running out of the basement having broken through the cell door. Damon looks around a quickly grabs a silver knife from the floor and chases after him getting close enough to throw the blade into his back.

Mason stumbles slightly before turning back to Damon and pulling out the knife.

"You know I don't know who started the silver hurts werewolves thing but you can put this one down in the myth column."

"Noted," Damon replies.

Everyone now comes outside having heard the commotion.

"Mason come back inside," Nyssa tells him.

"I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on that invitation, hear you were the one the shot me down, I'll have to repay the favor," Mason says angering Damon.

Nyssa quickly steps in front of Damon before he has a chance to do anything, "Mason you are naked, it is morning, Carol has been through enough without having to bail her brother-in-law out of jail for indecent exposure. Come back inside, we'll lend you some clothes, let's all just try talking no threats. We all live in this town so let's figure out a way we can all live in it together."

Mason thinks about it for a minute but just can't bring himself to go back inside, "sorry but I'm what's known as a lone wolf, I'll take my chances."

With that, he races off into the woods.

"Huh, so the silver thing is really just a myth?" Matt asks causing everyone to look at Caroline.

"Alright, I get it! Taking care of it," Caroline says before pulling Matt inside to compel him to forget everything supernatural, she also compelled away the memory of them making up after their fight. She'd break up with him officially tomorrow, having a relationship was probably just too much right now.