Night

The songs dedicated to this chapter are:

The Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi

C'Mon by Ke$ha

A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

___________________________________________________________________________________

It was scary to think how terrifying of a man Mark was. His eyes didn't house the warming feeling that Drake's carried.   He had a snake-like aura to him that was uncomprehendable.  Drake's angry footsteps made their way back to the living room where I sat, stunned, "You fucking slept with my dad?! What the hell, Abbie?!"

Anger pulsed through my veins, "You've got to be fucking kidding me!  Do you actually think I knew Mark was your dad?  In all honesty do you actually think I wanted my life to be as fucked up as it is?! I didn't choose this upon myself, Drake! I'm playing the cards I've been dealt and I sure as hell am NOT winning anything!"

"You think you haven't won anything, Abbie?  Look around, babe.  Blake let you into our PENTHOUSE suit in god damn fucking New York, completely rent free.  James welcomed your sorry ass with open arms, took you shopping for Christ sake!  And then there's little old me.  Something you have claimed to have wanted since day 1.  You slept with me, more then once I may add, you went on the date.  Jesus! Learn to appreciate something!  Stop feeling sorry for yourself! Yeah, shit happened and I really wish I could have protected you and had you by my side the whole time and I blame myself everyday for not looking for you any longer, but that's in the past.  This is now.  Get your ass up and appreciate what's been handed to you." With that said, Drake stormed into his room.

The  truth hurts.  A lot more then you think it would.  Holding back tears hurts a lot too...But let's just say I was NOT ready for what was going to happen that night...

**********************************************************************************************************************

I slowly climbed out of Drake's bed.  I know what you're thinking, no I didn't sleep with him.  Although it may look like it considering I was in his blue button down t-shirt and a pair of panties.  I just wasn't on good enough terms with Drake to share a bed, even though he wasn't home it still would have been weird if he found me fast asleep in his bed...

My bare feet hit the hardwood floor and I climbed out of Blake's bed.  I took a peek at the clock and it read 3:00 am.  My whole mouth was dry and I was thirsty.  I slowly padded to the kitchen hoping there happened to be some orange juice, to my  disappointment, it was only filled with Jack Daniels, Vodka, and some bottles of Bud Light.  I closed the fridge and went to just grab a glass of tap water.   As I turned off the faucet, I heard the front door slam open and a girl's giggles.  I peeked out of the kitchen and saw a tiny blond pressed up against the wall and a huge Drake smothering the poor girl.  He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist.  My heart sunk.  Every part of my body ached.

Drake effortlessly carried her to his bed room.  The door was then shut... and locked...  I heard some more giggles and loads of banging around.  My body was numb... I was suddenly no longer thirsty.  My legs wouldn't work to carry me back to Blake's room.  I just stood there.  The cup I was holding fell to the floor and shards of glass scattered all around my feet.  I looked down and suddenly had the urge to be in control of my own pain.  I picked up a piece of glass and escaped into the bathroom.  It was going to be a long, bloody night.

I felt the cool glass press against my hot skin.  The glass was dull but it eventually did the trick when it broke skin.  The pain was there, it just wasn't emotional.  it was physical, which I craved.  I began to lose count of how many times I let the glass take control of me.  The blood ran down my arms and all over my bare legs, the deep red staining my skin.  I gave out an evil chuckle.  This is how I felt I needed to solve my problems?  Wow.  I was a sad excuse for a human being, wasn't I?