friendship

ㄨNickㄨ

 ***

I'm sitting down inside a library, reading books. I've probably been in here for hours, I started this book in the morning and I'm already in chapter 40. 

"Nick, haven't you been here long enough?" A lady asks. She works here and I see her often. 

"Well, Harper, it's never too long when it's a book" I smile to her. Harper has long black hair with a dyed streak of red in the front. She has brown eyes and freckles scattered all over her face she's older than me to. She sits down next to me.

"what are you reading today?" She asks. I turn the book to see the front cover of it.

"heartless" I read the title. She chuckles quietly.

"sounds like you" She said. I look at her and pretend to be offended. 

"um excuse me miss but I have a big heart" I scoff sarcastically and roll my eyes. After I said that we both start laughing. Once we calmed down she said, 

"well, time to organize more books so you can unorganize them again" She got up from the floor and left. Once she did I sighed and went back to my book. I stayed reading for another 20 minutes until someone aproached me. He has brown curly hair, green eyes with a blue color around it. Wow he's beautiful. I sit there dumbfounded as he clears his throat.

"are you Nick?" He says shyly with a smile. I come back to reality when I realize what he asked me.

"yeah that's me" I say while he sits next to me.

"I'm asking cause Harper told me you were friends with her and I'm also friends with Harper so I thought that I could be your friend too" He explained. I smiled.

"sounds like Harper" I say. I notice Harper peeking at us while we talk. She has a huge smile on her face while she gestures me to start a conversation with him and leaves. 

"soo" I start, he looks at me with an interested face, "what's your name?" I ask.

"I'm Duck" he smiles at me. I smile back. "It's a nickname" He finishes.

"figured" I laughed. He's so pretty. I'm glad Harper decided to tell him to talk to me. If not, I would have imagined it in a book.

I'm happy.

--