𝙸 𝙷𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞

Start from the beginning

He was about to pass but before he could, I intercepted the pass running towards the middle of the field with the ball. Passing it to our striker who had a perfect opening to make a goal.

Why he didn't take it?

I don't know.

He passed it right fucking back.

"Anna!" I heard Dani called.

I saw her running out towards the left side, I also noticed the red team was coming up behind me close. So I had no choice to take a blind kick towards dani.

Lucky she was able to do a perfect one touch, and soon she kicked it into the goal making the other players cheer.

"Nice kick." A teammate of mine said, I didn't know his name but he seemed like one of the nice ones then the cocky assholes who were playing.

"Thanks." I gave him a smile as I returned his fist bump.

𓆉

The game went on like this a couple of time, in the end blue won 3-2.  Dani making the first goal, the nice boy making the second and another guy making the third.

Though, I didn't score. My teammates made it really adamant on how great of a passer and defender I was.

To say I was surprised on how nice and supportive they were was an understatement. At the end of practice we were huddled in a team circle once more.

"First off, I just want to say how well everyone played. The communication needed more work on the reds side but other then that you all did excellent." Tyler said with a proud smile.

For some reason that made my heart skip a beat.

He's never looked at me like that.

I shook those thoughts away paying attention to the rest of the announcements.

"Now, let's not waste anymore time and I'll call out the names for both teams."

He called out the B team first, 15 people were called out. Some were sort of disappointed and some were just happy they made the team at all.

Dani glanced over at me and whispered in my ear, "think we made the team?" I smiled nodding my head. I was confident we did, we were some of the beat out there.

Tyler started calling the names on by one.

"And Daniella Monsanto. Congratulations, you have all made the A team. The rest of you will just have to work harder next year."

Everyone had turn their heads to me. Me and 2 other kids were the only ones who didn't make it. Which didn't make any sense, the two other kids looked relieved and didn't even contribute to the game.

I decided to keep my cool, "Tyler-"

"It's coach to you." He said coldly.

I felt a pang in my heart.

"Coach," i gritted out, "You know and as well as my teammates know I am just as deserving to be on the team too!" I felt my cheeks flame up in anger. "It's not fair to exclude me just because in your sister."

The people around us quietly gasp, silently whispering among each other. Tyler looked annoyed.

"Everyone's dismissed, you'll be getting an email later today about practice." He then walked away.

I wasn't leaving without a fight.

"Coach." He kept walking.

"Coach!" I ran after him.

"TYLER!"

"Shut up!" I abruptly turned around making me run into his chest. "I just-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"You didn't make the team Anna because you didn't. Stop crying and complaining over it."

I'm not crying.

"But you didn't even give me a reason!" I shouted back in frustration. "You're going it out of spite! It's not fair, I deserve an explanation."

"You don't deserve shit from me." He growled lowly making sure I was the only one to hear him.

I just don't understand.

"You didn't make the team because you just weren't good enough? Okay? That's your answer. Now go away." He stormed off angrily.

And without thinking I took off one of my cleats and threw it at him. He turned back around to yell at me again but he just froze.

"I HATE YOU!" I felt my voice crack and my eyes start to water.

So much for not crying.

"YOU'RE SO MEAN," I cried out ignoring the stares from the people around us.

"I've worked so hard, all summer, to make this team. I worked so hard everyday. I worked SO hard just trying to get you to be proud of me. But YOU never cared. Soccer was something I loved, and I wanted to share it with you. But you just threw me aside like some pest." I spat. I through off my other cleat and Penny.

"You can go fuck yourself. I'm fucking done trying to get your attention."

I walked away grabbing my bag and water bottle from the bleacher and leaving. I didn't even noticed Jolene following me until I made it inside the locker rooms breaking down crying.

She wrapped her arms around me placing my head on her shoulder.

It's not fair, it's really not. He makes me so mad. I wouldn't be as upset if he just gave me a reason, then I would do better. Try harder, but he just didn't place me so he can get under my skin.

I just wanted to impress him.

But no matter what I do, it's not enough.

"You didn't make the team because you just weren't good enough? Okay? That's your answer. Now go away."

I hate him.

I hate him.

I hate him.

♡︎♡︎
A/N

Happy New Years!!

Okay so I have 2 things to say.

THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 300k READS I LOVE YOU ALL AND I WOULD SMOOTHER YOU WITH HUGS AND KISSES.❤️😭

2.

THANK YOU FOR 600 FOLLOWERS!!!!❤️❤️

Sooo yeah. Thank you☺️

Thanks for reading this chapter, sorry for any grammar mistakes. I'll be editing my chapters after I finish the book.

Q: Any new years resolution?

A: Working out, gaining more confidence and improving my writing.