XXIII

XXIII: Classified

Today when I woke up Mateo brought out some people dressed in all white and they pampered me

Today when I woke up Mateo brought out some people dressed in all white and they pampered me. I asked him if Bianca could join me and he was hesitant at first but agreed nonetheless.

"My brother is something else, I really hope my future husband is at least decent enough to pamper me." Bianca sighs as the masseuse massages her shoulders.

"I'm sure he will." I suggest and moan lowly when the lady gets into my lower back, Mateo really has been taking a toll on my body. "You met my cousin, Enzo?" She asked and I pause a moment before answering.

"I did, briefly." Bianca laughs to herself and I look over to see she's already looking at me. "It's okay he's attractive I know, he's the prettiest man I've ever seen." She tries to relieve some of the tension his name brought up.

"I didn't know he had a brother." I dodge her previous words.

"Yes, but they aren't very close. Kenzi kind of hates him too, he was their father's favorite. That is until he refused to get into the mafia business. He was technically supposed to run the show." I was suddenly intrigued, I figured the mafia wasn't a choice.

"So are you saying he's supposed to be in Mateo's spot?" I ask and she nods. "Yes, but he didn't want it. He still managed to make a pretty good name for himself and he does jobs for Mateo from time to time. I haven't seen him in years so I'm guessing he got word about Kenzi..."

"What kind of work?" I pry even though I know I shouldn't. "He was on Seal team 6, he doesn't talk much about it. From what I heard he had about 3,000 confirmed kills just during his time in service. About 1000 of those are from sniping, he has about 28 medals, and 2 Purple Hearts. He's been a great shot since he was 9, learned hunting from my dad since Mateo was only 4 at the time." I was impressed to say the least, he looked pretty young to have been through all that.

There wasn't a scratch on his flawless face, I would have never suspected he was a killer.

"Wow, that's some resume he has. But what does any of that have to do with him working with the mafia?"

"Oh, he's around for the hard jobs. Much like a bounty hunter, you pay he kills. And he is always successful. He can find just about anyone in 24 hours or less." She puts emphasis on her last words.

I suddenly remembered overhearing Kenzi say something about the man who ordered the guy to kidnap me killed his sister.

"Not to pry but how come he never killed Nikolai?" Bianca sighed and looked down making me realize the death of her cousin was a touchy subject of course. Why would I ask that?

"I honestly couldn't tell you." This was the first time Bianca didn't know something. "But he didn't even attend her funeral, so that says a lot about why Kenzi hates him so much. He used to be really close with her though." I decided not to continue asking about it, Mateo would probably scold me for snooping.

"So are you ready for the engagement party?" She suddenly smiled and her eyes lit up, "I have the perfect dress, and some of my friends are going to be there."

From there we talked about everything that would be happening at the party and even what decorations her mom picked out.

After the much needed pampering I decided I wanted to cook. It's been a while since I have been in the kitchen and baking was my favorite thing to do. Art was napping in the corner of the kitchen near the entrance after I fed her and gave her love.

I decided on making Paella, a Spanish dish my mom taught me when I was younger and for desert, Flan.

Just as I was finishing Enzo enters the kitchen and I pretend like he's not there and continue what I was doing. The atmosphere shifted and I felt my hands become clammy when I felt his eyes on me. He walked towards the refrigerator and I did a short glance noticing he had been sweating and his black wife beater stuck to his skin.

He pulled out a water bottle, cracked it open and leaning back to drink it. His arms were completely bare of any tattoos but he had plenty of scars sprinkled across his thick muscles.

Now I know what you're thinking. Why are you checking him out?

I wouldn't technically say checking him out but he's just nice to look at, not that he's nicer looking than Mateo. They are about the same but I don't know Enzo yet and I have always been a bit nosy.

"That smells nice." He breaks the silence and I quickly look away when his piecing eyes cut towards mine. "Uh thank you." I reply curtly

He leans on the counter showing no intentions of leaving and I walk past him to place the Flan in the fridge to chill. He gets up and attempts to open the door for me but I was too stupid to realize. My shaky hands dropped the dish and I flinched back.

Mateo just so happens to walk inside as the glass dish shattered all around my bare feet. His face didn't give away anything but I know I looked like I got caught doing something I shouldn't have been even if that wasn't the case.

"Shit,, let me help." , "I think you've done enough helping, Enzo." Mateo's voice was content but who knows what was running through his head.

"Alright." Enzo looked— Amused?

When he went to leave but stopped when he was close enough to where Mateo stood, they stared at each other for a moment. He was slightly bigger than Mateo, an inch shorter but still tall nonetheless. He pat him roughly on the shoulder and exited finally and I suddenly remembered to breathe.

I started to picked up the larger pieces of glass but I was stopped when I got a look from him.

"Did he do anything?", "No." I answered hurriedly carefully stepping away from the glass. I avoided eye contact and continued putting away things I didn't need. "Did you enjoy your massage?"

"I really did, I really appreciate it." I tell him sincerely.

" I need to talk to you."

I don't say anything but I was freaking out on the inside.

"I just want to make sure we're on the same page, since we're taking this relationship thing really serious..."

"Okay." I stopped what I was doing to hear him out and decided on sitting at the island. I looked at him seeing he also had work out clothes on, some sweats and a normal white tee. He looked hot.

"I think Bea really likes you... you may not think it but she asks a lot of questions about you. She's too nervous to ask directly." He says and I immediately felt warm inside at the realization.

"I want to let you know that there is some very important goals that we have to meet if we're going to stay together. Like um..." Was he nervous, why is he choking?

"Marriage and uh an heir for the mafia, only if you want to of course." I really didn't have the heart to break it to him, so I didn't. "Of course." I stand and make my way towards him. I wrap my arms tightly around him. I would try but I was really praying he wouldn't push me away if I couldn't conceive in the future. Would he let me go? Would he try with someone else?

"Great, Now let's eat this amazing smelling food my princess made."

_____________

Thoughts on Enzo?

What do you guys think is next?