Chapter Twenty Nine: Choices

Start from the beginning

          Professor Snape led me to Professor Lupin's office where Harry and Ron were waiting. Ron said that the parchment was from Zonko's joke shop and it was meant to insult people. I scoffed and told them that it called me frivolous and that I should change houses to Gryffindor. Professor Snape gave it to Professor Lupin to examine further, not believing us and after Professor Snape left, we got yelled at by Professor Lupin. He was disappointed in Harry for going to Hogsmeade and Harry physically covered my mouth so I wouldn't get myself into trouble. He dismissed Harry and Ron and I was alone with the Professor.

          "Lily, why did Harry cover your mouth?" he asked and it was like he was staring into my soul.

          "I'm not as dim as my brother, no offense to him. You said that the parchment could aid in Sirius Black's capture. You know what that is," I said firmly, not breaking eye contact.

          A sly smile appeared on Professor Lupin's face, "You're the smartest witch of your age, aren't you?"

          I tried to hide a smile, "You didn't answer."

          Professor Lupin sat on his desk and beckoned me to come over. I went to him and he sat me on his lap. I was utterly embarrassed and he held the parchment in front of me. His voice was close to me and he reminded me of a father figure.

          "I helped make this map. In all honesty, I should be thanking you for not revealing it's true identity. Allowing it to insult you was a rather brilliant choice to make. However, I am going to confiscate this. You should return to the Gryffindor common room and I will know if you take any wrong turns. Off to bed with you, Lily," he said.

          I got up and turned to hug him. He laughed and sent me out. I can see why he cares about us so much since he felt that Harry was undervaluing our parents' sacrifices by sneaking to Hogsmeade with Sirius Black on the loose. I wondered which name was his. Moony, Prongs, Padfoot, and Wormtail. Such odd names yet so fitting for marauders. In the common room, Ron was asleep on the couch I usually slept on. He was on one end of the couch so I joined him by sitting on the other end, like how I would with Draco. Gently, I covered us both in a blanket and joined Ron in a peaceful sleep.

          The next morning, Ron and I woke up to a very upset Percy when he found us asleep together in the common room. I apologized and took the blame because I came in and joined Ron who was already asleep. When Percy was done scolding me, Hermione, Ron, and Harry told me that Buckbeak was going to be executed, even with our defence for the case. The trio reconciled over the trial and worked together to file an appeal. I ran to the Slytherin common room, heartbroken and enraged. The moment I saw Draco, I felt the urge to slap him. He caught my hand and looked beyond hurt.

          "Draco! Buckbeak is going to be executed! This is all your fault! Buckbeak is a magnificent beast and you should've given him another chance!" I sobbed.

          Draco's grip softened once I started crying and I yanked my wrist away from him. My fists rubbed my eyes while I sobbed and I left the common room as quickly as I ran in. The situation shook up everyone after that. It made me almost glad that I was staying in the Gryffindor common room. During classes, Draco and I hardly spoke now and it made me feel even worse. We never fought and I don't know how to make up with him. I began to miss him and I felt more miserable by the day. Even though the twins tried to cheer me up, I didn't know how to cheer up. Hermione started to fall behind on some classes, she even slapped Draco when he mocked Hagrid during his class. She skipped Charms and dropped Divination after a rather insulting palm reading from Professor Trelawney.

          Draco's POV: I turned around to see Ivy running towards me. My smile left my face when I saw hers. It was full of hurt and anger. Her hand raised and I caught it. She would want to hurt me? My chest was in pain and she began to cry.

          "Draco! Buckbeak is going to be executed! This is all your fault! Buckbeak is a magnificent beast and you should've given him another chance!" she cried loudly.

          Executed? The stupid bloody chicken nearly killed me! How is it my fault? It's a beast like the oaf who teaches that wretched class. I only took it to be closer to her, I thought she'd be happy. She ran out of the common room and I felt the urge to chase her. My feet moved on their own and I caught her by her wrist in the hallway. She stopped running but wouldn't look at me.

          "Ivy. I.." I lost my voice and didn't know what to say.

          Since then, we haven't spoken, even in class. This is so stupid. It's this oaf's fault, not mine. That filthy little mudblood even slapped me in one of his classes because I told the truth about how he isn't qualified to even be at this school as a gamekeeper. Every day, my girl looked even more miserable than the previous day. We've never fought and I don't know what to do. I have to do something or else, I'll lose her. Without thinking, I was walking to her during dinner and she was eating with Blaise.

          "I-Ivy," my voice shook, "please, can I talk to you privately?"

          She sighed and stood up. I walked beside her and noticed she was still wearing the necklace and hair clip. It made me smile a little and I brushed my hand against hers while we walked. Her head looked at our hands but she didn't take mine. It discouraged me a little and we stopped to talk in the Astronomy Tower stairwell.

          "You wanted to talk to me, Draco?" she asked without looking at me.

          "Ivy. I... Ivy, I'm sorry," I said with difficulty.

          Her eyes flashed up to meet mine, "What?"

          I took a step towards her, "I said I'm sorry."

          My girl's face softened and her lips separated ever so slightly. My body was moving on it's own and I kissed her. She inhaled a gasp but her hands went to my waist and pulled me in to her. I held her head in my hands and nearly pushed her against the wall. A soft moan escaped from her when I pressed myself against her as I pressed her against the wall. Damn, I want her. I want all of her. She's mine. I kissed her with every emotion I had been feeling. Reluctantly, I pulled away from her and we were both out of breath. God, I missed her.

          "Draco, I'm sorry too," she said and held my hands.

          I looked at her hands in mine, our fingers intertwined, and I realized I missed them so much, "Ivy, I love you. I missed you. Seeing you so miserable, it kills me. Darling, I am sorry."

          Her eyes were sadly happy and she gave me a soft smile, "I love and I missed you too, baby. Thank you."

          I got my girl back. I can't lose her. {END}