Chapter Twenty Nine: Choices

Two days after Sirius attacked Ron, Neville's grandmother sent him a Howler. Ron was a bit of a celebrity and I could tell that he was enjoying it. However, he hasn't reconciled with Hermione yet. Neville and I bonded over detention and he was slowly coming out of his shell with me. Despite being a bit faint of heart, he still had some interests in the gentler things, like gardening. He taught me quite a few things that we hadn't learned in Herbology. I would tell him a few things about creatures and beasts. What caught my attention was how integrated magic was with nature. That night, I went through the book from Professor Lupin and came across using magic with nature. I wasn't going to try it without anyone's assistance but wondered what the possibilities were.

          During April, it was the twin's birthday and I spent the day with them pulling pranks and I kissed both of them good night. Also in April, Hagrid invited Harry, Ron, and I to meet him at the castle entrance so that he could escort us to his hut for tea. When we went, I held Ron's hand and he was also becoming much more confident and brave. At Hagrid's hut, he spoke on behalf of Hermione. He wanted Ron and Harry to make up with her because she was hurting but Hermione was threatening to tell Professor McGonagall about the Marauder's Map. Harry and I were going to use it over the weekend to go to Hogsmeade with Ron. Ron's temper was explosive and he refused again at making up with her.

          On our weekend trip to Hogsmeade, Ron and I held pinky fingers together while we went shopping. He was rather sweet and we were about to head back but the cloak slipped and Harry's head was seen by Draco. The three of us quickly returned to the castle through the passage in Honeydukes. I went to the common room quickly and started to read my book from Professor Lupin. After some time, Draco and Professor Snape came in.

          "Miss Potter, were you in Hogsmeade?" Professor Snape was straight to the point.

          "No, sir. I've been reading. I don't have permission to go to Hogsmeade. With Neville, I was also serving detention," I said without looking from my book.

          "Do you know what this is?" he asked and held up blank parchment.

           I looked up and my stomach churned, "Parchment? Sir, is this a test?"

          "Use it," he said and gave it to me.

          "Use it?" I asked and looked at Draco.

          "With your wand," Professor Snape said, losing his patience.

          "How?" I asked again.

          "Ivy, use your wand and just ask it to reveal it's secret," Draco said gently despite his angry face.

          "Reveal your secrets," I said while waving my wand at the parchment.

          Something was being revealed on the parchment. I was genuinely intrigued by it but was rather insulted by the words I read. Scoffing, I threw it at Draco. Bloody paper.

          He read it out loud, "Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Ivy Potter and requests that she not be so frivolous while looking like her mother. Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony and would like to add that Ivy deserves better. Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that having beauty and brains shouldn't have been sorted into Slytherin. Mr. Wormtail bids Ivy a good day, and advises to change houses to Gryffindor."

          I huffed and sat on the couch with my arms crossed. Never have I ever been so insulted. Draco angrily gave the parchment to Professor Snape but the professor told me to come with him, without Draco. When the professor's back was turned, I gave Draco a deep kiss and followed the professor out. I don't deserve better. I am not frivolous.