Forgiveness

I'd go through it all over again if it meant I'd be with you in the end.

Kyna's P.O.V.

It's been a week since I've returned to the palace. My crown and cellphone have been recovered from the car. Vince seems more and more ecstatic by the day. His great grandmother is his best friend in the world. The evening is calm tonight. No rainstorm in the middle of spring time. I've allowed Val into my personal space again. The pillow barrier was gone on the third day. We've held hands again. I've allowed him to hold me whilst we dance and I've even granted him permission to hold me in his arms when we sleep. I've found his cuddles to be most comforting in times of distress. The press tried to bully a statement out of the new Emperor but he quickly shut them down.

The next morning I awoke to an empty bed. I turned to my left and noticed that the sliding doors to the balcony were open. I knew he was there. I knew what he was doing there and I wasn't going to intrude his personal time. I quickly made the bed and walked into the bathroom. For some reason, something felt off. I quickly brushed my teeth and got undressed and stood under the shower head. The warm droplets cascaded over my brown skin and soothed me, but something else was missing. I didn't hear him enter the bathroom over the sound of the shower running. I only became aware of his presence when his body touched mine. His front pressing against my back. I let myself lean onto him. I enjoyed the safety of his arms that wrapped around my waist.

"Are you okay my dear?" he asks as he runs his hands through my wet dreadlocks. I nod at him and he pulls me closer.

"Are you ready to meet with the photographer today." he asks as he reaches behind me and grabs the body wash and loofah. He lathered some of it onto the loofah and handed it to me. He took his shampoo and lathered some of it into his hair. I said thank you before using it on him. Completely surprising him. His eyes dilated as he chuckled making me giggle softly. We broke out into laughter at the whole ordeal. That something that was off, was okay once more. We finished getting ready in the bathroom and picked out our outfits for the day. Vince came into our room and jumped on the bed excitedly. The little boy was bragging about how he was playing with grandma Belle in the garden.

"What would you like for breakfast, son?" he asked Vincenzo as he takes out an apron. He hold up the juice and coffee for me to pick and I pick the orange juice.

"Can we have anything I want?" he asks excitedly, sitting on the edge of his seat.

"Anything." Val says and I quickly interject.

"Anything except for sweets, cakes and other sugary foods." I said and Vincenzo whines at me.

"Mais maman-" (But mom-) he complains and I shake my head.

"Pas de Vince." (No Vince) I said and he sighed at sat back down properly.

"Papa, peut-on avoir des gaufres s’il vous plaît?" (Daddy, can we have waffles please?) he said and Val nodded. He looked at me for confirmation and I nodded too. A few minutes passed as the photographer arrived. The waffle batter was ready to go.

"Bonjour, comment allez-vous?" (Good morning, how are you?). The photographer greeted as he bowed. Mr David Giroux. We greeted back and he introduced his crew to us.

"D’accord famille, pouvons-nous commencer sur les photos?" (Okay family, can we get started on the photos?) he asked and we nodded. We sat naturally and resumed our conversation as the photographer took photos of my little family.