Milk and Honey

It had been a great three months since the break up. He hasn't called. We did talk a few times over but he's got a boyfriend, I never pegged him as the gay kind but here we are. I'm enroute to betterment. Getting my life in order. I never needed a man. I went to the club with my girl Lucia, or as we all agree, Lu-Lu for short. Our ship name was Kylu for the longest of time. She's been with me through the most, and highschool was seriously the most I'd ever been through in eons. We had no one else but each other in our wildin teenage times. I run my hand through my dreadlocks as Lu-Lu fixes her curls. We get into the club in our matching sheer silk with a glittering shine outfits and we take it to the bar. We order our drinks and wait for our song to play or we just gonna mingle with some guys for the night.

"So do you plan on getting a guy tonight Ky?" Her peach lips yell in the florescent lighting in the club.

"Maybe Lu. But you know we're only here to feast on the souls of men!" I say as we laugh. The girls arrive about a minute later and I quickly excuse myself to the restroom. The club wasn't packed to the brim and I didn't think it was necessary to bring the entire squad of girls with me. I wait in the line for the girls room. I didn't really take notice but there was this guy who's had his eyes on me the whole night. I didn't mind it though. He was a bit cute looking just incredibly skinny. He'd try to come dance with me but I made it a point to attempt looking lesbian. He seemed to enjoy that instead of taking it as a diplomatic no. A simple rejection he didn't understand. I couldn't tell the girls about it. And the gents were way too intoxicated to do anything about it.  They each stole one of the girls and went to dance. So it was only me and this weird freak I didn't know and neither had I wanted to know him.

"Hello there princess." He says coming too close for comfort, the thick stench of draught beer radiating off him strong that I scrunch my nose in disgust. The placement of the bathrooms in this club is infuriating. Just then the bathroom door opens and a posse of girls step out and I take the opportunity to slip into the quite space and do what I needed to. Once I'd finished I came up to wash my hands. When I dried them and turned around he forced me into the wall. His foul stench made my stomach churn in anguish. He didn't have to say it, his intentions were as clear as day. I didn't want to, I tried to push him off but he only pressed harder. His kiss landed on my cheek sloppy and wet, and when I started screaming he put his hand over my mouth. His dirty hand that he probably hasn't washed. In that instant I decided I'd rather catch gonorrhea than to get assaulted like this. I do my best to shove him off and he staggers back. He's more drunk than me but even in his skinny frame he's quite strong. This is my chance, I dash out the bathroom. Running in heels isn't easy. I make it to the main dance floor and I run into the chest of some tall stranger, I stumble back and try to balance when he grabs hold of my hand and looks at me in the eyes. The fear is coursing through my veins rapidly. The trap music in the club sounds loud and harsh, like each beat is louder and his vulgarity is encouraging malicious behaviour. I look up into his smiling face and it quickly contours in distress. He takes hold of my waist and notices my dress is torn on the left. I hadn't even heard it tear, I don't remember feeling his hands on me, ripping my dress, nor had I felt the tears on my face.

"Who? Tell me who and where?" I shake my head.

"I- I don't know him, but I think he's still in the girls bathroom." I say and he takes me to the bathroom. I struggle against his grip. My mind is screaming in horror. He's going to finish me, break me. He's already strong enough to just hoist me around like a lightweight object, what's stopping him from taking me in the back where no one will ever hear me cry. He grabs the bad man by his collar and we exit the club through the back door. "Stay here." He says and I wait for him to take a few steps forward turning the corner to the other side of the club, leaving me behind. I hear the violent grunts of an injured man as he lurches and wretches. The sounds of a fist colliding with its target. He comes back round the corner and looks unharmed.