chapter 30 • i wanted to break up, because i like someone else

Começar do início

"answer it!" i pressed the green button.

"this is why we're friends." bella smiled.

we all listened in to their phone call.

"what happened?" pepper asked.

pepper kept ignoring me after she said she was nervous about me taking sawyer from her.

but i really didn't care.

i had spent too much time apologize to her for something she was upset about.

sawyer and i are friends. i understand that pepper and him are dating.

but i would never, ever cross a boundary and try to take sawyer away from her, no matter how much i like him.

and it was disappointing to know she thought i would.

"he didn't ask me to homecoming. he just found my dumb hoodie. i left it at squeezes the other night." bella frowned.

"well, it's not over yet, mama." sophie encouraged.

"you still have four days." pepper smiled.

"oh no. newts gonna ask me to homecoming for the third year in a row." sophie panicked.

newt walked down the stairs, and walked past us.

"is he giving his mum to asha?" sophie asked. "he just gave his mum to asha!"

"hey, sophie. so, i know that must've been really hard for you to watch, but i meant it when i said i was moving on." newt nodded.

"and you moved on to asha. nice." bella smiled.

"we both belong to the same country club." newt smiled.

newt walked away, while sophie cheered.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

i walked down the hall with newt, who was walking with sawyer, who was walking with pepper.

"so remember, my goat turns two this saturday." sawyer told us.

"oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. i got the.. the invite." pepper opened her locker.

"so did i. i'm thinking of bringing asha if things go well at homecoming. it's our first date ever and i really wanna impress her. that's why i rented a limo. i just hope she likes it." newt said.

"easy there, buddy. just be confident, show no fear, and before you know it, she'll be eatin' outta the palm of your hand." sawyer said.

"she's a human, not an animal." i scoffed.

"what if you two came with us in the limo? double dates can really help ease the tension." newt asked.

"actually-" sawyer started.

"of course! i've always wanted to ride in a limo." pepper interrupted.

"you can come too, cherry. having you guys there will totally make me feel more comfortable. thanks, guys." newt smiled.

i walked away while pepper and sawyer fought.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

i watched bella shut the door, carrying the mum.

"i know, i already told zach i'd go with him. but it's just a friend date! and, the guy i like-like wants to take me." bella said, interrupting. "so i'll just call zach and explain everything to him. thanks for getting me through this, guys."