Sérénité (Serenity)

Start from the beginning

"No I won't because you never let me finish."

"Alright then finish!"

"Well I don't want to anymore."

"Well then what the fuck do you want to do baby?" I asked, my throat was burning like I'd downed four bottles of hard liquor.

"I wanna beat the fuck out of you for lying to me!"

"Do it!" I said and opened my arms, exposing my clothed chest to her. She came up to me and was slamming her fists into my chest with tears in her eyes from how upset she was. It hurt me to see her face like this. Her radiant smile wasn't there anymore. I've really hurt her this time.

"I want to scold you til your ears burn!" she rasped as she hits me again and again. Her punches were weakening by the minute. We stayed that way for a while before she finally gave in and leaned away from me, exhausted.

"I'm so sick and tired of arguing Val. I can't be under so much stress."

"I know my love, I know." I said as I pulled her close to me and she surrendered into my arms.

"I promised you that this nightmare would be over soon Nana and it is now."

"But then why doesn't it feel like it Val? Why can't I forgive you for this, even though I know you didn't have a choice?"

"I can't answer that." I said as I rubbed her back.

"I think I need some space from you."

"Nana-"

"I just- I can't be with you right now." she says as she pulls away from me.

"I want you to leave." she says knocking the air clean out of my lungs.

"I can't fully process everything that you've put me through with you in my face."

"Baby, we can talk this thing over." I plead and she raises her hand to silence me and I shut my mouth.

"No. We can't. Please Val." she says wrapping her arms around her body.

"Should I call Mr Park?"

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS WITH ANYONE!" she yelled at me. She sighed and looked up at the ceiling sniffling and holding back her tears.

"I just need some time to cool off." she says as she walks away into her bedroom and sits down on the bed, wiping her eyes. Her words sting me and I nod my head and take her hand in mine.

"I still love you, okay?" I say and she nods at me. I get up off my knee and walk out of the hotel room. There was one more threat I had to manage before we were truly safe. Sam's arrest made headlines for several days. The same amount of time I spent alone, waiting for her to return to me. He was detained at the La Santé prison. I got myself arrested for murder under the fake name of Jean Leonard. I easily found Sam in the prison and got into the showers with him when it was bath time. The gun in my hand as I put it up on the back of his head.

"Hello Sam. The emperor has come to grace you with his presence." I said and the man dropped his soap bar. His eyes were wide and we were the only two in the showers.

"Valentino."

" Rendez-vous en enfer, salope." (See you in hell, bitch) I said as I fired the bullet straight through his head, splattering his brains on the shower walls. I walked out of the prison undetected and I made my way back home. Vince was worried about his mother. Asking me every day when she would be returning home from business. I had to keep telling my son, she'd return soon. That night I was having a smoke on my balcony, when I heard the bedroom door open and close. I thought it was Vince so I quickly discarded the cigarette and turned to meet him. I was surprised when I saw her. I thought I was dreaming. There she was, my wife, standing before me in our house.

I approached her and stopped just two feet away from her. She looked at me and I looked at her. It was like we were meeting for the first time in our lives.

"Hey."

"Hi." she said softy.

"How, how are you doing."

"I'm still not sure what I'm feeling, but I want to forgive you." she said and I nodded.

"Uh, you can sleep on the bed. I'll take the couch." I said and she reached out her hands before pulling them back quickly.

"No no. It's okay, we can share a bed as usual. You're my husband and I don't want you sleeping on the couch." she says and I nodded. In the bed, she put pillows to divide it into two. I looked at her and she said she still needs some more time to heal. I nodded and told her that I still love her and she finally said I love you too for the first time in a month.