Chapter-25

The next morning started off great. Ash had Tyrantrum fighting with Krookodile and Charizard to get used to his body while fighting as his largest pokémon was already use to walking around at a higher height. Seadra was fighting with Pikachu once more, but Zorua was also training with them while Nidorino was training with Doublade. Ralts, his darling little girl, was starting her training with Mewtwo. The creature had Ralts lifting and throwing rocks several times larger than herself, and while Ash was worried, he trusted Mewtwo to keep her safe.

Little Riolu, who still took many naps during the day, enjoyed watching the others of the pack fight and was often seen or heard letting out barks of encouragement and cheering when one or another was knocked down. Ash, having gotten used to the sounds of crashing rocks and thuds of bodies slamming together, was concerned as silence filled the clearing. Looking up from where he had just opened the rules of the tournament on the S.S. Anne he was almost blinded by bright evolutionary light.

A wide smile graced his face as he stood up and walked over to Zorua, who's form shot upwards until they were almost the same height. He took in the strong new form of Zoroark as the light faded away from the illusionist. The once small fox kit that Ash rescued many months ago was now a tall, strong, mischievous and protective Zoroark.

The fox went from on all fours to just two legs, which caused some disorientation, and his missing tail didn't help his balance at all. The small tuft of hair Zorua once had lengthened to a long ponytail with a teal colored band wrapped around it towards the end of it. His chest was covered in dark fur that stretched over his shoulders a bit and the shape of the fur reminded Ash of some of the more intricate armor pieces he had seen while in Rota.

Ash watched as Zoroark cast his illusion to change into each of his teammates before, surprisingly, changing into himself. It was strange seeing himself like that. Before Ash could say anything the others turned to where Mewtwo and Ralts were training, and to his surprise, Ralts was also glowing in evolutionary energy.

Her height didn't change as much as Zoroark had, but when the light faded he saw just how much she did change. Her hair, once in a bowl like cut, was pulled to either side by her horns that had split in two to mimic pony tails on either side of her head with 'bangs' that hung between her eyes. Her bright orange eyes twinkled as she saw her trainer grinning at her. She couldn't help but twirl with her new tutu like dress. Ashs' emotions were bright and it just made her even more giddy.

"Congratulations you two," Ash said once he gained their attention, "I knew the two of you could do it. You both worked very hard since the first time coming into the pack and family. All the hard work you both did in getting healthy and then the efforts you put into your training has paid off and I couldn't be any more proud of the two of you."

Zoroark let out a loud deep bark before he punched his paws together as Kirlia let out a chime of laughter and twirled once more. Ash stepped back as the others gathered around for their own congratulations for the two.

"You've done very well, as well, you know," Mewtwo said as the cat like creature stopped beside him, "They couldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for you. Their souls may be marred from what had happened to them before they were taken in by you, but it was you who nurtured them, showed them that they can be strong, and can be whoever they want to be. Your heart healed their wounds and in being who you are and doing what you have done has helped them flourish into what you see now. The entire pack will go far, and it will be because you believe in them."

Ash didn't know what to say as a lump formed in his throat and his mouth became dry. He could feel the tell tale stings of tears in his eyes and he had to bat his eyelashes to clear his suddenly blurry vision. He looked up into amethyst colored eyes and gave the creature a small nod as he acknowledged the words spoken to him.